PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Why isn't that Tulsa Delay of Game reviewable?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Why isn't that Tulsa Delay of Game reviewable?

Postby smuhype » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:07 pm

I just rewatched on ESPNU.

Why in the hell is that play at end of 1st OT reviewable????

This board would have been on fire if that we lose that game.
smuhype
Junior Varsity

Re: Why isn't that Tulsa Delay of Game reviewable?

Postby Big Hoss » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:33 pm

Just like any other penalty that is not called during the play, it can’t be called after the fact via review.
Big Hoss
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby HubbaHubba » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:40 am

One of the other horrible calls (of which there were many) was the targeting call that was reversed when Page threw the ball. Because targeting is reviewable that was over turned. But it was a glaringly obvious roughing the passer that wasn't called. Note to pass rushers; go to spear the quarterback after he throws the ball but pull up at the last second. Viola, no penalty!
HubbaHubba
All-American

Postby mrydel » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:23 am

HubbaHubba wrote:One of the other horrible calls (of which there were many) was the targeting call that was reversed when Page threw the ball. Because targeting is reviewable that was over turned. But it was a glaringly obvious roughing the passer that wasn't called. Note to pass rushers; go to spear the quarterback after he throws the ball but pull up at the last second. Viola, no penalty!

I am wrong a lot (ask my wife) but I believe there is something in the rules about roughing the passer not being in effect on a passer to whom the ball was lateraled. Not sure how it is worded but I have heard it mentioned before.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby CA Mustang » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:29 am

Big Hoss wrote:Just like any other penalty that is not called during the play, it can’t be called after the fact via review.

Review can be used to identify a 12 men on the field penalty that the on-field officials missed.
CA Mustang
Hall of Famer

Return to Football