PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Jordan Tolbert

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Jordan Tolbert

Postby Shetland » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:12 am

Sat next to Jordan Tolbert at New Orleans game. He just retired from playing overseas. He asked me what I thought of Jankovich. I gave him a like warm answer and Jordan said we got it all wrong. He said he loved Jank and the players do to. Found it interesting how hard he stood up for Jank and how much credit he gave him even for the Larry years.
Shetland
Scout Team

Re: Jordan Tolbert

Postby Bergermeister » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:00 pm

Shetland wrote:Sat next to Jordan Tolbert at New Orleans game. He just retired from playing overseas. He asked me what I thought of Jankovich. I gave him a like warm answer and Jordan said we got it all wrong. He said he loved Jank and the players do to. Found it interesting how hard he stood up for Jank and how much credit he gave him even for the Larry years.

:roll:
Bergermeister
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:09 pm

That's great.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby TidePony » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:52 pm

Tolbert was a great player!
TidePony
Hall of Famer

Postby ponyboy » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:48 pm

The guy was amazing. Thanks for sharing that, Shetland. I truly hope Jank is the guy.
ponyboy

Postby smitty329 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:40 pm

When are we going to see the locker room post game speech and singing the Pony Battle Cry?
smitty329
All-American

Postby The Falcon » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:13 pm

Shetland wrote:Sat next to Jordan Tolbert at New Orleans game. He just retired from playing overseas. He asked me what I thought of Jankovich. I gave him a like warm answer and Jordan said we got it all wrong. He said he loved Jank and the players do to. Found it interesting how hard he stood up for Jank and how much credit he gave him even for the Larry years.

Thanks for the post Shetland. I have talked to a couple of the players over the years and that
verifies what I have been hearing.
The Falcon
All-American

Postby Sewanee Stang » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:45 pm

I'm glad to hear that. Tolbert, a transfer from Tech, was dominant on the glass. Let's hope that the Ponies get back to that level. Maybe it will diminish the vitriol a bit. Let's get behind Coach Jank and the team this season. See you all at Moody. Pony up.
Sewanee Stang
Varsity

Postby smupony94 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:40 pm

smupony94

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:36 pm

Tolbert was one of my favorites. But those were better times. I can understand why players might gravitate to Jank when LB was haranguing them all on a regular basis to make them better players.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby PonyTime » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:35 am

Tolbert may have been the best rebounder I have seen at SMU (LA_Mustang mentioned Feron Hunt in another thread - but it is way too early for that distinction).

I remember the night Tolbert pulled down 23 boards. Was sitting behind his family and we were all keeping count. Missed Ira Terrell's record by 3.

And Tolbert averaged 26 min per game at SMU - I am pretty sure Ira logged many more minutes per game.
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Return to Basketball