PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Kinda funny

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Kinda funny

Postby LA_Mustang » Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:47 pm

to see Jank out coached by ACU's coach. You probably won't see another game with a bigger difference in talent and we are only up six at the half. It is really embarrassing.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Kinda funny

Postby LA_Mustang » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:01 pm

Davis can dish dimes. I love his game.

LA_Mustang

Postby giacfsp » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:11 pm

Huh? ACU is far more talented than Jackson State, Jacksonville State, comparable to New Orleans. Didn't see UNLV or Evansville or Hartford.

You're spot-on about Davis. Fastest player on the floor, which we'll be able to say in a lot of games this year.
giacfsp
Heisman

Postby LA_Mustang » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:28 pm

giacfsp wrote:Huh? ACU is far more talented than Jackson State, Jacksonville State, comparable to New Orleans. Didn't see UNLV or Evansville or Hartford.

You're spot-on about Davis. Fastest player on the floor, which we'll be able to say in a lot of games this year.

HaHa!! They have lost to Texas State, Drexel, UNLV (by 14) and Pepperdine. Their wins are against Champion Christ College and Arlington Baptist. And according to you they are FAR more talented than half our schedule so far. If anything your comment proves how ridiculous our schedule has been. Yay Jank.

LA_Mustang

Postby smupony94 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:28 pm

ACU coach is Kate Dykes’ brother
smupony94

Postby JasonB » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:09 pm

LA_Mustang wrote:to see Jank out coached by ACU's coach. You probably won't see another game with a bigger difference in talent and we are only up six at the half. It is really embarrassing.

ACU is well coached, but our players weren't disciplined for large stretches in the first half. That wasn't coaching, it is a point guard trying to do a little too much and players trying to make too many highlight plays.
JasonB

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:36 pm

smupony94 wrote:ACU coach is Kate Dykes’ brother

I thought it was Sonnys Brother in law?
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Stallion » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:04 am

JasonB wrote:
LA_Mustang wrote:to see Jank out coached by ACU's coach. You probably won't see another game with a bigger difference in talent and we are only up six at the half. It is really embarrassing.

ACU is well coached, but our players weren't disciplined for large stretches in the first half. That wasn't coaching, it is a point guard trying to do a little too much and players trying to make too many highlight plays.

Wait-You are blaming Kendric Davis? Davis will be the best PG to ever play at this school-he's Nic Moore with composure. He's worth the price of admission for those that aren't showing up. He's been the best player on the Court in all 3 games he's played
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:50 am

If there is a bulletin board in Jankistan that post just got pinned on it. LOL.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby ponyboy » Sat Nov 30, 2019 5:16 pm

Stallion wrote:
JasonB wrote:

Wait-You are blaming Kendric Davis? Davis will be the best PG to ever play at this school-he's Nic Moore with composure. He's worth the price of admission for those that aren't showing up. He's been the best player on the Court in all 3 games he's played

Glad to see you back.
ponyboy

Postby The Falcon » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:23 pm

Stallion wrote:
JasonB wrote:

It isn't often I can agree with both Jason & Stallion who disagree. I agree with Jason that Davis
was trying to do too much at times in the first half. He tried his spin move and also his crossover
dribble and ran straight into the defender on at least 3 occasions. On the other hand, I agree with
Stallion that Davis is going to be a talented point guard for us. He has been very good in his first
three games, but he hasn't earned Sainthood over Nic Moore just yet. He may be that good but
I want to see more games before we crown him. He certainly has impacted our team already and
I am excited to see more. Jank said the one thing that he doesn't like about Davis is that he has
totally disrupted SMU practices because of his steals and his defense.
The Falcon
All-American

Postby JasonB » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:05 am

Stallion wrote:
JasonB wrote:

Davis is awesome. Just saying some of the sloppy play happens when he tries to do a little too much. He isn't as out of control as Nic was at times his first year, but he does hang on to the ball a bit too much sometimes. It will work itself out and be just fine.
JasonB

Postby LA_Mustang » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:17 am

Jason,

I’m not sure I understand how us playing undisciplined is not about coaching. IMO, that is all about coaching.

LA_Mustang

Postby smitty329 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:55 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:

I heard he was Sonny's Father-In-Laws Son?
smitty329
All-American

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:37 pm

smitty329 wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:

I heard he was Sonny's Father-In-Laws Son?

Thank you for the clarification.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Next

Return to Basketball