PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Chad Morris Named Auburn OC

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Chad Morris Named Auburn OC

Postby HubbaHubba » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:01 pm

Chad landed on his feet. Could not imagine him getting an OC job at a G5 school much less a good SEC school. What a deal with the devil he must have made.
HubbaHubba
All-American

Postby 35straight » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:56 pm

Here you go.
Attachments
88E2C623-68B2-4140-B680-5725BE9AD1CC.jpeg
88E2C623-68B2-4140-B680-5725BE9AD1CC.jpeg (85.5 KiB) Viewed 2717 times
35straight
Heisman

Postby 35straight » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:57 pm

Not sure why my twitter account uses that name.
35straight
Heisman

Postby mrydel » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:24 am

Thank you
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby malonish » Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:44 am

35straight wrote:Not sure why my twitter account uses that name.

Because you set it? :mrgreen:
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:19 am

HubbaHubba wrote:Could not imagine him getting an OC job at a G5 school much less a good SEC school.

Why not?

Chad was one of the highest paid assistant coaches in the country at Clemson and was the primary recruiter of Deshaun Watson.

I think Chad is a good assistant coach, just not a head coach, unless it's at the high school level
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby gohogs14 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:17 pm

TidePony wrote:Lashlee is head coaching material. He’s too talented for the Vanderbilt of the SEC West.

I mean he was just at UCONN. Not sure if he fits what Pittman wants to do or not. Heard Pittman linked to the Colorado OC but fans have mentioned Brent Dearmon at Kansas too who got his start as OC at Arkansas Tech.
gohogs14
Scout Team

Postby HubbaHubba » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:46 pm

Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:
HubbaHubba wrote:Could not imagine him getting an OC job at a G5 school much less a good SEC school.

Why not?

Chad was one of the highest paid assistant coaches in the country at Clemson and was the primary recruiter of Deshaun Watson.

I think Chad is a good assistant coach, just not a head coach, unless it's at the high school level

I would not have taken a chance on him. Was it a fluke that he bombed at Arkie and was mediocre at SMU or was it a fluke that he did well in the Clemson system? Good luck to him and Auburn. He'll either be a NCAA head coach again in 3 years or be looking at that high school job.
HubbaHubba
All-American

Postby EastStang » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:03 pm

Good luck to him. I wish him no ill. We got an upgrade when he left. I do hope that the Hogs continue to struggle. They left the SWC for greener pastures in the SEC and started its destruction. Since they left the SWC they are 174-173-1. Before that they rarely had a losing season with Saint Frank at the helm.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby Mustangs_Maroons » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:33 pm

absent Dillingham's previous relationship with Norvell, is FSU a better opportunity than Auburn for a lateral move? Again, leaving aside money, and if there was no prior relationship, would anyone make a lateral move from auburn to fsu at this time?

Seems like Morris just got lucky with this chain of events. It's a good opportunity for him as I don't think he would have landed anything quite this attractive on the back of his job at Arky (and SMU). He's always been a lucky SOB. How does that impact his guarantee from Arky to go to a coaching position with an SEC rival?
Mustangs_Maroons
Heisman

Postby Mustangs_Maroons » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:34 pm

3rdGenPony wrote:
TidePony wrote:Lashlee is head coaching material. He’s too talented for the Vanderbilt of the SEC West.

Everyone ever related to Vanderbilt University just cringed for being compared to Arky.

Haha, I was thinking the same thing. To re-phrase, "Arky is the Vanderbilt of the SEC West - without any of the academics that come along with it." :lol:
Mustangs_Maroons
Heisman

Postby sbsmith » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:09 pm

Mustangs_Maroons wrote:Seems like Morris just got lucky with this chain of events. It's a good opportunity for him as I don't think he would have landed anything quite this attractive on the back of his job at Arky (and SMU). He's always been a lucky SOB. How does that impact his guarantee from Arky to go to a coaching position with an SEC rival?

His Auburn salary will be deducted from the money he's owed by Arkansas.
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby peruna81 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:16 pm

Good for Chad...

I wish him well.
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Treadway21 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:51 pm

Please shut down this thread or combine with the other Hilltop thread. We are not supposed to discuss Chad Morris or Ben Hicks in here.
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21

Postby mustangxc » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:32 pm

Mustangs_Maroons wrote:absent Dillingham's previous relationship with Norvell, is FSU a better opportunity than Auburn for a lateral move? Again, leaving aside money, and if there was no prior relationship, would anyone make a lateral move from auburn to fsu at this time?

Seems like Morris just got lucky with this chain of events. It's a good opportunity for him as I don't think he would have landed anything quite this attractive on the back of his job at Arky (and SMU). He's always been a lucky SOB. How does that impact his guarantee from Arky to go to a coaching position with an SEC rival?

Florida State is the premiere program in the ACC whereas Auburn is one of the bunch in the SEC. Morris is at the right level for him. His work at Clemson speaks for itself. Any P5 program would be lucky to have him as OC.
mustangxc

PreviousNext

Return to Football