PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

I guess the team just doesn’t really care

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

I guess the team just doesn’t really care

Postby Texasscout96 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:23 pm

Wow are we playing crappy football. We are getting killed by a team who had 6 or 7 of its best players just not bother to show up.

Not good people! I’m wondering if we should have waited a week or 2 before we extended Dykes.
SMU Grad 1996 - Worked in SMU athletic recruiting office under Forrest Gregg and Bill Weidner from 1992-1997.
Texasscout96
Junior Varsity

Re: I guess the team just doesn’t really care

Postby Brooklynhite » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:37 pm

It is nauseating to watch, but I still have faith in Coach Dykes. We had a good year (finally) and I still feel we are on the road to recovery. Rome wasn't built in a day.
Brooklynhite
Recruit

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:39 pm

Will be interesting to see how this loss affects the team's psyche going into off season and next year. Last year's final season loss to Tulsa appeared to motivate this team. We can only hope for the same reaction.
Last edited by Charleston Pony on Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby BIGHORSE » Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:00 pm

Glad I didn't waste time, and money going to this game, can barely watch on T.V. :oops:
BIGHORSE
Hall of Famer

Postby Junior » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:12 pm

Brooklynhite wrote:It is nauseating to watch, but I still have faith in Coach Dykes. We had a good year (finally) and I still feel we are on the road to recovery. Rome wasn't built in a day.

No, but Nero watched it burn in a day.
Derail the Frogs!
Junior

Postby 03Mustang » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:22 pm

It sucks that we lost this game, but to insinuate that we should not of extended Dykes is completely ridiculous, and right in line with pretty much every other post that you come up with after a loss.

If anything this season, we learned that these players don’t really know how to handle success. The losses at Memphis and Navy were prime examples of how we’re a pretty good team, but we have a lot to learn about not buying into our own hype. The glass half-full approach after this game is to say that a humbling loss to an opponent viewed as inferior should be a good motivator as we head into what I am hoping is a stellar 2020 season.
03Mustang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Roach » Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:09 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:Will be interesting to see how this loss affects the team's psyche going into off season and next year. Last year's final season loss to Tulsa appeared to motivate this team. We can only hope for the same reaction.

They laid an egg in last year's finale and busted it over the offseason, got bigger and stronger and faster and brought in some significant talent. Hopefully they react the exact same way this year.
Plagiarize!
Let no one else's work evade your eyes.
Remember why the good lord made your eyes.
So don't shade your eyes, just
Plagiarize, plagiarize, plagiarize!

(Only be sure always to call it, please .... "research.")
Roach
Heisman

Postby Pony81 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:12 pm

As we all know....we can beat anyone on our schedule and lose to anyone on our schedule....
If we don’t play well then we will get beat... in this case badly.
Our O Line got dominated and our D line didn’t put any pressure on the QB....
We got exposed...
SB didn’t have a great night and it resulted in many 3 and outs.... just shows how dependent we are on a QB who is on target.
If not for SB we are a sub 500 team.... we made some unbelievable plays at key times throughout the year Yo go 8-0 but finally the law of averages and good opponents exposed us as a team that is far better than previous SMU teams but still not a top 25 program and only just a top 10 G5 program.

We need more depth, more successes, more confidence to win games in the spotlight like our nationally televised Boca Raton bowl.
Pony 81
Pony81
Heisman

Postby Stallion » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:45 pm

I was amazed at how prepared they were for everything we tried to do-especially on Offense-they picked up every single blitz package we tried and that's our strength. For a short-handed staff FAU deserves a lot of credit. We couldn't touch Robison
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby fan » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:17 pm

Stallion wrote:I was amazed at how prepared they were for everything we tried to do-especially on Offense-they picked up every single blitz package we tried and that's our strength. For a short-handed staff FAU deserves a lot of credit. We couldn't touch Robison

^^^^^^
fan
Varsity

Postby aus10fromhous10 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:08 am

Stallion wrote:I was amazed at how prepared they were for everything we tried to do-especially on Offense-they picked up every single blitz package we tried and that's our strength. For a short-handed staff FAU deserves a lot of credit. We couldn't touch Robison

I can't help but wonder if FAU's players and coaches had a little extra motivation to perform well in front of their new head coach and try to secure their on the team...
aus10fromhous10
Junior Varsity

Return to Football