PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Official Boca Raton Bowl Thread

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Official Boca Raton Bowl Thread

Postby One Trick Pony » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:31 am

35straight wrote:Got to do this yesterday during that whoopin’. Definitely made it easier to swallow.
People forget were animals Just a little higher up the food chain.
Great looking kid
One Trick Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby malonish » Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:35 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:
malonish wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:So, it would appear the CUSA Champion is better than what is arguably the 5th best team in the AAC. I know that comes as a shock to some of you. Maybe we can pull another Tulsa?

Hey honestly, what's your deal today? I didn't see everyone of the 30 dissing FAU and you're treating people like they did.

I think there was only one prediction that these guys could beat us. Not sure why everyone was so full of this SMU team after the way we finished and how impressive FAU was this season. Of course, most who thought we would blow them out probably had no idea what Kiffen had built at FAU.

A prediction of a win is not "FAU Sucks" like you're treating everyone as having done.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:41 pm

Most who made a prediction thought SMU would win easily and obviously either had no idea how good this FAU team was or just don't pay attention to college football outside of the southwest region. I may have been inspired by 11 who thought anything less than a 3 TD win would be an embarrassment and felt this bowl game was "beneath us". The truth is they may have given SMU one of the toughest matchups outside of the Memphis Cotton Bowl game. I just hope the rest of the AAC teams do well in their games to salvage a little respect for the conference.
Charleston Pony

Official Boca Raton Bowl Thread

Postby PonySnob » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:14 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:Most who made a prediction thought SMU would win easily and obviously either had no idea how good this FAU team was or just don't pay attention to college football outside of the southwest region. I may have been inspired by 11 who thought anything less than a 3 TD win would be an embarrassment and felt this bowl game was "beneath us". The truth is they may have given SMU one of the toughest matchups outside of the Memphis Cotton Bowl game. I just hope the rest of the AAC teams do well in their games to salvage a little respect for the conference.

It’s amazing how after over 3 decades of futility, any SMU player, student or alumni can think any bowl is “beneath them”.
Last edited by PonySnob on Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby SoCal_Pony » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:06 pm

PonySnob wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:Most who made a prediction thought SMU would win easily and obviously either had no idea how good this FAU team was or just don't pay attention to college football outside of the southwest region. I may have been inspired by 11 who thought anything less than a 3 TD win would be an embarrassment and felt this bowl game was "beneath us". The truth is they may have given SMU one of the toughest matchups outside of the Memphis Cotton Bowl game. I just hope the rest of the AAC teams do well in their games to salvage a little respect for the conference.

It’s amazing how after over 3 decades of futility, any SMU player, student or alumni can think any bowel is “beneath them”.

Snob, I think most bowels are beneath people. 3 decades without one, that's unheard of.
SoCal_Pony

Postby mrydel » Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:14 pm

There usually is at least some movement.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Previous

Return to Football