PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Game 16 SMU vs UH

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Game 16 SMU vs UH

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:24 pm

DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:
JasonB wrote:1) The no shot clock thing was very poorly handled by UH and the refs. In the second half, the PA announcer was stating "ten" when it got to that level, and counting down the last 5 seconds. Coincidentally, there was one shot during the game that showed on that end SMU was facing a scoreboard that actually showed the 24 second clock.

On the other side, there was no display, and they did not do the PA countdown. The kids instead would count down early and it really, really messed our team up. The refs should have forced the countdown from the PA to happen in both halves. It wasn't right and was against the spirit of the game. I would absolutely protest if I were SMU. Correct me if I am wrong here, because I didn't hear a countdown at all in the first half from the PA, only from the student section.

Yeah. When Houston plays up here we really need to Shake Moody and have the Mob constantly counting down the wrong shot clock to get them back for that!!!

It will say a lot about the lack of support for SMU bball if Moody is not packed for home games vs Memphis, Wichita State and Houston. I would hope the place would be rowdy for ECU's return game next week, but most of our students probably don't even know we lost to ECU Saturday
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Game 16 SMU vs UH

Postby skyscraper » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:03 pm

lmao rowdy for ECU

The casuals showed up for Georgetown and saw a beatdown. They might show up for Memphis, but that's it.
skyscraper
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Previous

Return to Basketball