PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU didn’t submit its waivers to NCAA till Oct. 11 & Nov. 6

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: SMU didn’t submit its waivers to NCAA till Oct. 11 & Nov

Postby Pony ^ » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:08 am

SMU gonna SMU. What a bunch of frauds from the top down
Pony ^
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ponyboy » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:16 am

Maybe. I just don't believe everything I read.
ponyboy

Postby bubba pony » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:30 am

JasonB wrote:And I think it is very clear that Mr. Blum is a pr!ck who is way, way more interested in a controversial story than covering SMU in a positive light. Dale Hanson 2.0. We better hope we aren't skirting the rules anywhere because it is clear to me at least he will throw us under the bus as quick as he can if he finds anything.

I don't see it that way. Mr Blum is simply reporting why two SMU players failed to qualify for this season. No NCAA rules broken. We have gotten more SMU press since Blum came on board in a long time. Prior to his columns, we got nothing.
bubba pony
Heisman

Postby AfricanMustang » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:20 am

ponypatrick wrote: I'm sorry Jason, but that's a bunch of B.S. ! This is all on our lazy , whiney Coach. A competent head coach would have been all over this process , following the flow from point A all the way to it's conclusion . Sounds like he not only dropped the ball , but then tried to cover it up by blaming it on the easiest fall guy.....the NCAA . Boy I miss Larry !!

I have to agree, that look was not flattering to Jank at all. Have been willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but...
“Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.”
― C.G. Jung
AfricanMustang
Varsity

Postby AfricanMustang » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:21 am

bubba pony wrote:
JasonB wrote:And I think it is very clear that Mr. Blum is a pr!ck who is way, way more interested in a controversial story than covering SMU in a positive light. Dale Hanson 2.0. We better hope we aren't skirting the rules anywhere because it is clear to me at least he will throw us under the bus as quick as he can if he finds anything.

I don't see it that way. Mr Blum is simply reporting why two SMU players failed to qualify for this season. No NCAA rules broken. We have gotten more SMU press since Blum came on board in a long time. Prior to his columns, we got nothing.

Agreed, Mr. Blum is a journalist covering SMU sports, he's really pumped out a lot of SMU articles this past year but it seems this board gets triggered whenever an article or two that's not flattering comes out...
“Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.”
― C.G. Jung
AfricanMustang
Varsity

Postby skyscraper » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:07 pm

Believe whatever you want, the article clearly shows the head coach of the program had no idea what was going on with the waiver process for two players he said would be key contributors if they became eligible.
It's malpractice for Jank to not have, at minimum, a weekly check-in to see what the current status of both waivers would be. He is the leader of the program. This shows another failure in his ability to be the steward of men's basketball at SMU.
skyscraper

Postby shadowman » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:01 pm

bubba pony wrote:

Totally agree with this, Sam Blum has done an excellent job covering SMU and has given us a ton of press, vast majority being positive. On this case ,he was just reporting the facts.

I know his personal political leanings/orientation has turned some fans off and made them biased against him but he has never brought that into his sports reporting of SMU and has done an excellent job.
Probaly won't happen...BUT...maybe it will!!
shadowman
Hall of Famer

Postby smitty329 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:06 pm

God's Law provides Salvation - that's between you and your god.
Man's Law Protects and Serves - there is some debate here but that's between you and the judicial system.
Then there's NCAA Rules and regulations where their purpose is to govern competition in a fair, safe, equitable and sportsmanlike manner, and to integrate intercollegiate athletics into higher education so that the educational experience of the student-athlete is paramount. Huh?

The NCAA is such a complex set of BS, it is unrealistic to think a coach - someone hired for recruiting and coaching, can keep up with the rules - that's on the AD and administration, who need to ensure the school (including coaches) are informed and compliant - not the coach. After all, they are student-athletes, not athlete-students.
smitty329
All-American

Postby Bergermeister » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:21 pm

smitty329 wrote: unrealistic

really?
Bergermeister

Postby smitty329 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:25 pm

Bergermeister wrote:
smitty329 wrote: unrealistic

really?

Yes and here's your guy https://smumustangs.com/staff-directory/kyle-conder/199

who posted this 2 weeks before the first waiver was submitted https://twitter.com/KyleAConder/status/1177386359708950535
smitty329
All-American

Postby RGV Pony » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:05 pm

A whole lot more to it than that.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
RGV Pony

Postby Mustangsabu » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:41 pm

This is just another example of a poorly administered department and why I cut off the meager contributions I made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby RGV Pony » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:55 am

Mustangsabu wrote:This is just another example of a poorly administered department and why I cut off the meager contributions I made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really? So SMU's athletic department caused TCU to sit on what would've been a mutually agreed upon stance to submit to the NCAA, causing the waivers for Kendric and guys at at least two other schools to drag into November?

All of TCUs transfers that were eligible got their waivers approved. The first one is a guy at UC Riverside, which was approved Nov 7 or 8. That same day, Jaylon Fisher was ruled academically ineligible at GCU, so his waiver request became moot. Shortly thereafter, Kendric and Kayden Archie at UTEP were approved.. two weeks to the day after the UCR kid, in fact. Take a look at where UC Riverside's coach was until last year and you'll get an idea who finally had to speak up to get the ball rolling.
RGV Pony

Previous

Return to Basketball