PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Senior Bowl review of James Proché

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Senior Bowl review of James Proché

Postby PonyPride » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:13 am

Fort Worth Star-Telegram writer Clarence Hill was filling in on some ESPN radio show Saturday, and was filling time with insight about whether he needs to take shorts to Miami when he goes down to cover the Super Bowl.

He brought on a friend of his named Omar Kelly, who apparently has been covering the Miami Dolphins and the NFL for ages, including now for the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. After fascinating banter about what parties they would attend in the week leading up to the Super Bowl, they started talking about the Senior Bowl, which Kelly attended. He said he spent most of his time at practices before the game evaluating quarterbacks ... which means he also saw a lot of the receivers.

A noted University of Texas homer (and alum), Hill asked Kelly about the two UT receivers who were there: Collin Johnson and Devin Duvernay. Kelly had little to say about them, so Hill switched to Denzel Mims of Baylor, for whom Kelly had high praise. He was talking about what he liked about Mims, but then stopped himself and said "you know who I liked the most out of all of the receivers there? The Southern Methodist kid, James Proché."

Hill seemed surprised or disappointed or almost as if he didn't know who Proché is. He seemed amazed that because of Proché, Kelly was "going to throw my Texas guys to the side." Kelly confirmed that that's exactly what he was doing.

Kelly thought about it and implied that Ohio State's KJ Hill had been outstanding, too, but then went back to Proché: "I could see him having an Emmanuel Sanders-type career, being an elite slot guy for years and years. He reminds me of TY Hilton."

Pretty solid company.

(Quotes are not word-for-word — I was driving and it has been hours before I got a chance to post this. But I did scribble some notes while it was fresh in my mind, so this is really close to verbatim.)
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Senior Bowl review of James Proché

Postby ponyboy » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:45 am

That's so cool.

I was talking to an LSU guy at my men's group this morning and he asked me who the next automatic NFL receiver was going to be from SMU. James Proche was my answer. As good as Sanders? Probably, I replied. Beasley? Probably. Sutton? Time will tell, but I'm telling you, write down the name Proche.

He was like, I don't know how y'all do it.
ponyboy

Postby indianmustang » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:59 am

looks like he helped himself a lot at the senior bowl
https://wholeninesports.com/2020/01/26/ ... l-winners/
Mustang from India
indianmustang

Postby indianmustang » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:07 pm

Mustang from India