PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU vs Temple

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: SMU vs Temple

Postby One Trick Pony » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:42 pm

From blow out to nail biter lol
One Trick Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonySnob » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:49 pm

Trying to remember the last SMU team to blow a 19 point lead
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby One Trick Pony » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:52 pm

Jezzz.
One Trick Pony

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:00 pm

Really exciting game today thanks to our guys starting the 2nd half on cruise control. Temple has all the momentum. Can we get a couple of stops and get back to moving the ball on offense?
Charleston Pony

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:17 pm

Really disappointing to lose this one after that 1st half. Our guys just can't keep their intensity for a full 40 minutes. Played as poorly in that 2nd half as we did in the loss at ECU. For the Jank bashers out there, all you have to do is point to the focus on Jasey in the closing minutes and in OT. He failed to deliver on so many opportunities that could have won this game...and that's not to mention going to zone and letting Rose eat your lunch to start the OT.
Charleston Pony

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:23 pm

NIT or bust. No way this team matches that 6-3 1st half of AAC play at this point after this loss. Pretty sure these guys will lose more road games and who knows whether we will be able to beat Houston, Wichita State or Memphis in Moody. Will do well to get to 20-10 regular season finish.

Should add "NIT road warriors or bust" as we would limp into that tourney as a low seed
Charleston Pony

Postby skyscraper » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:59 pm

Bad bad bad bad loss
skyscraper

Postby One Trick Pony » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:49 pm

XFL is on
One Trick Pony

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:56 pm

LOL... just checked the score and the box score. Thats all I have time for now. Too much fun too be had here on the fun side of the wall.

But I’ll betcha i can compose Janks presser for him with minimal effort.

Later folks.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby One Trick Pony » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:33 pm

.Image
One Trick Pony

Postby Topper » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:24 pm

Wow. I have had a chance to watch or follow every game this year up to today. So glad I missed it.
Topper
Hall of Famer

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:34 pm

Really shocked to see our defense totally fall apart like that. I have really been expecting a big improvement with all of the five-on-five practice - especially after a full week!

Today against a team like Temple would have been a perfect proving ground for our progress.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby JasonB » Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:37 pm

What a gut punch. The moment we took a quick, contested three on the first possession of the second half, I started to get nervous.

I really didn't like Jank matching their small ball lineup, as it took one of our main advantages out of the game. It had a significant impact on us both offensively and defensively. Nobody to protect the rim, and on offense we looked so great going inside and out in the first half. We took that presence in the paint out of the game, and trying to post Mike up was a disaster.

With a big in there, sure, they would have slowly caught up. But the offense would have been efficient, and their entire team would have fouled out.
JasonB

Postby Hop Sing » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:38 pm

Live and die by the 3.
Hop Sing
Varsity

Postby EastStang » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:12 pm

Went from DC to Philly for this debacle. We couldn’t make s layup multiple times with game on the line. Chargois got benched early in the game after dribbling the ball in the low post and got ball stolen. To Temple’s credit they increased pressure and caused turnovers and bad shots. Davis was finally breaking it and then fouled out. Our defense was passive in second half in part because we had several guys in foul trouble. But lots of fundamental errors. Big men not keeping ball up after a rebound. Dribbling the ball in low post. Refs were calling a tight game, so why commit fouls. Not finding an opponent to block out as shot is released. Allowing passes to low post get to their bigs who took advantage of those opportunities. And Temple had to be tired. #14 missed the second half with an injury, yet we looked tired. White seemed angry every time he was subbed for. He’s not that good. On the good side we were unselfish most of the time and got some quality chances which we didn’t convert in 2d half.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball