PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Baylor Problems

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Baylor Problems

Postby ponyboy » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:24 pm

Yes, I guess so. What happened at Baylor was horrific. I do not intend to imply anything like I'm somehow condoning it. Morally it's infinitely worse than anything SMU did to get the Death Penalty. I'm sorry if I've given any impression otherwise.
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby malonish » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:51 pm

"Baylor Problems"

You can stop at Baylor, everyone knows they are a problem factory.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby EastStang » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:16 pm

They're getting better in a macabre way. No one died this time.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby ponyboy » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:47 pm

Summary is Baylor sold a piece of its soul for football success, its very daughters as concubines. It was a sick culture that started with Briles but deeply implicated as well the President and Board. The perfect storm was realized when a) Baylor did not have in place the structures to handle instances of rape; and b) Waco and campus police proved utterly inept, if not at least passively complicit.

I do believe that Baylor has stepped forward to correct all of this on a go-forward basis. And I guess I have no opinion on what happens in terms of punishment beyond what has already occurred other than a deep distrust of the NCAA to do anything resembling the right thing, whatever that might be.
ponyboy

Postby Topper » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:23 pm

ponyboy wrote:So it seems I got one guy saying nothing's going to happen and another saying that Baylor's going to get kicked out of the B12. Maybe. I'll go for the middle ground, two years no bowl and reduction in scholarships.

As for Baylor getting what they deserve, I'll just say that none of us want what we deserve. They've taken strong steps to prevent this from ever happening again.

Baylor has taken strong steps to cover their behinds. The combination of the basketball fiasco and the football crimes/cover ups, seemingly going all the way up to Ken Starr in the case of football, would have ended big time sports at SMU. Baylor, for better or worse, decided that being a P5 power was the most important thing for their school and they have committed themselves to going forward no matter what. When we received the DP our culture was different and resulted in the protracted self evaluation and flagellation that we know too well. Baylor talks a good game but if they didn't find a way to control themselves after the basketball incident they won't do it now. They learned that they don't need to.
Topper
Hall of Famer

Postby Dukie » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:29 pm

ponyboy wrote:Summary is Baylor sold a piece of its soul for football success, its very daughters as concubines. It was a sick culture that started with Briles but deeply implicated as well the President and Board. The perfect storm was realized when a) Baylor did not have in place the structures to handle instances of rape; and b) Waco and campus police proved utterly inept, if not at least passively complicit.

I do believe that Baylor has stepped forward to correct all of this on a go-forward basis. And I guess I have no opinion on what happens in terms of punishment beyond what has already occurred other than a deep distrust of the NCAA to do anything resembling the right thing, whatever that might be.

I believe all of this is correct, except for the last four words. The right thing would be to shut it all down.
Dukie
Heisman

Postby ponypatrick » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:26 pm

ponyboy wrote:Summary is Baylor sold a piece of its soul for football success, its very daughters as concubines. It was a sick culture that started with Briles but deeply implicated as well the President and Board. The perfect storm was realized when a) Baylor did not have in place the structures to handle instances of rape; and b) Waco and campus police proved utterly inept, if not at least passively complicit.

Typical of most Baptist institutions in Texas
ponypatrick
Varsity

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:39 pm

ponypatrick wrote:

Fake news.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponypatrick » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:18 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:
ponypatrick wrote:

Fake news.

PM me TRUMPER and I' ll give you more first hand knowledge than you can probably handle
ponypatrick
Varsity

Postby ponyboy » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:12 pm

What other Baptist institutions are there other than Baylor? HBU?
ponyboy

Postby PonySnob » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:26 pm

ponyboy wrote:What other Baptist institutions are there other than Baylor? HBU?

Mary-Hardin Baylor?
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby RGV Pony » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:31 pm

Hardin Simmons
Dallas Baptist
East Texas Baptist
RGV Pony

Postby leopold » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:54 pm

Houston Baptist.

Took the GRE and they must have bribed someone because all of a sudden I'm getting e-mails left and right from them for their grad school.
Welcome to the 2019 version of 'Cougin' it'
leopold
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby peruna81 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:55 pm

Howard Payne...

Regardless, Baylor has whitewashed this latest legal storm, paid out the wazoo in settled cases, and has (at least to this point) avoided any NCAA interference in their plan to dominate D-1 sports. In that, their plan has worked marvelously.

It only cost what was left of their collective integrity and soul...
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Previous

Return to Football