PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

A 24 point blown lead. End this charade

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

A 24 point blown lead. End this charade

Postby skyscraper » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:54 pm

I would love to see the boot lickers on the board defend that epic collapse.
If Jank is patrolling the court at Moody next season our donors and AD are truly a joke.
skyscraper
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: A 24 point blown lead. End this charade

Postby East Coast Mustang » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:57 pm

Yup.

Jank doesn’t care, and never has. Do Miller and the other big donors care? We’ll find out in a few weeks. Right now Jank is laughing at their stupidity while cashing their fat checks into his bank account.
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby mustangxc » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:03 pm

I would go further saying I welcome a mass exodus.
mustangxc

Postby East Coast Mustang » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:05 pm

mustangxc wrote:I would go further saying I welcome a mass exodus.

Yes. This team has some nice pieces but it doesn’t matter as long as the Self-Imposed Janktion is patrolling the sidelines. If guys like Feron, Mike and Kendric transfer because we fire Jank, so be it. He has to go.
East Coast Mustang

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:09 pm

We do what we do. If this administration and the financial backers care, Jank should be shown the door at the end of this season. Blowing big leads has become a characteristic of this team. I fully expect this team to fold and lose 2 games in Florida to finish the regular season at .500 and then probably lose a 1st round game in Ft Worth to add insult to injury.

If reaching the NCAA Tourney this year was in fact "the standard" for SMU hoops and that was how Jank's performance was going to be judged, his team has one final chance to bail him out but right now, I give this team the proverbial snowballs chance in hades of winning the AAC Tourney and auto bid.
Charleston Pony

Postby redpony » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:22 pm

he should be gone!! IMO there is no valid reason they should not let him go at the end of the year. He was given a contract in March 2016. Normal contracts are for 5 years (especially in the beginning). That means next year would be the end of his contract.
Our AD and big bucks supporters of bball can't buy his last year out??
If he is here next year this disaster will continue and the financial losses to the school will be substantial because people don't want to watch garbage games. Next year I expect Moody will be almost totally empty.
redpony

Postby Mustangsabu » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:28 pm

redpony wrote:he should be gone!! IMO there is no valid reason they should not let him go at the end of the year. He was given a contract in March 2016. Normal contracts are for 5 years (especially in the beginning). That means next year would be the end of his contract.
Our AD and big bucks supporters of bball can't buy his last year out??
If he is here next year this disaster will continue and the financial losses to the school will be substantial because people don't want to watch garbage games. Next year I expect Moody will be almost totally empty.
How shocking?! Other people aren’t willing to spend $$ to please you?

This is why people hate SMU.... it’s embarrassing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby East Coast Mustang » Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:40 pm

I would much rather watch a team in total rebuild go 16-14 next year with a coach who cares and will actually put in effort rather than Jank and this team stumbled around and go 21-9 and make the NIT.
East Coast Mustang

Postby Mustangsabu » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:47 pm

East Coast Mustang wrote:I would much rather watch a team in total rebuild go 16-14 next year with a coach who cares and will actually put in effort rather than Jank and this team stumbled around and go 21-9 and make the NIT.
And who is that coach?

Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby redpony » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:50 pm

Mustangsabu wrote: Other people aren’t willing to spend $$ to please you?

My opinion is that when you make a commitment it is a commitment. Kinda like marriage. You support the system in the thick and the thin.
If you can't live up to the commitment then butt out. No, I don't have millers money and I doubt if many on this site do, however we expect those who do to support the system and not hide when going get tough. Of course, your background may be very different hence you support losers. Have a nice weekend and enjoy your loss.
redpony

Postby East Coast Mustang » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:04 pm

Mustangsabu wrote:
East Coast Mustang wrote:I would much rather watch a team in total rebuild go 16-14 next year with a coach who cares and will actually put in effort rather than Jank and this team stumbled around and go 21-9 and make the NIT.
And who is that coach?

Just off the top of my head...

Kyle Keller at SFA
Grant McCasland at UNT
Steve Forbes at East Tennessee

There is no shortage of coaches who would take a job that pays seven figures with great facilities in a good conference. Oh and you get to live in Highland Park
East Coast Mustang

Postby Arkpony » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:48 pm

Blew a 24 Point lead with 14 minutes remaining! I still can't believe it.
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby Glenn Sosbee » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:27 pm

I remember when the great Larry Brown came to SMU and the very first thing he did was bring PG Jeremiah Samarrippas into his office and told him he wasn’t good enough to play for him. Plain and simple. LB told him SMU would honor his scholarship but he would no longer be a part of the basketball team.
To his credit, Samarrippas accepted coach Brown’s decision and I guess moved on.
I hope whoever replaces Tank has the same conversation with Ethan Chargois.
Pony P-1
Glenn Sosbee
All-American

Postby East Coast Mustang » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:51 pm

Glenn Sosbee wrote:I remember when the great Larry Brown came to SMU and the very first thing he did was bring PG Jeremiah Samarrippas into his office and told him he wasn’t good enough to play for him. Plain and simple. LB told him SMU would honor his scholarship but he would no longer be a part of the basketball team.
To his credit, Samarrippas accepted coach Brown’s decision and I guess moved on.
I hope whoever replaces Tank has the same conversation with Ethan Chargois.

To be fair, there’s at least two guys who our hypothetical next coach would need to have that conversation with before Chargois.

Chargois seems to me like a victim of Jank’s soft, effortless coaching style. When he got here as a freshman he looked like an all-conference talent those first few games...and he has not developed at all since.
East Coast Mustang

Postby Mustangsabu » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:36 am

redpony wrote:
Mustangsabu wrote: Other people aren’t willing to spend $$ to please you?

My opinion is that when you make a commitment it is a commitment. Kinda like marriage. You support the system in the thick and the thin.
If you can't live up to the commitment then butt out. No, I don't have millers money and I doubt if many on this site do, however we expect those who do to support the system and not hide when going get tough. Of course, your background may be very different hence you support losers. Have a nice weekend and enjoy your loss.
I support things I care about. For reasons that I care about. That is commitment. It the self gratifying nonsense you spout.

Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Next

Return to Basketball