PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

BREAKING: Jankovirus will cause Moody to be empty next year

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: BREAKING: Jankovirus will cause Moody to be empty next y

Postby East Coast Mustang » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:19 am

Charleston Pony wrote:
East Coast Mustang wrote:The program has already been burned to the ground. We could dig up Red Auerbach’s corpse and he still wouldnt be able to fumigate the stench of soft, unaccountable mediocrity that Jank has spread throughout our basketball program overnight; it will take time. The next coach will inherit a massive rebuilding job, both in talent but moreso in terms of culture.

Going to have to disagree as this roster has shown it can be competitive but clearly there are weak spots that need to be filled/upgraded/recruited over. If I'm the decision maker, I want to know Jank's plan on how he is going to improve the roster next year and it better not just be that "we have McNeill eligible and everyone coming back with another year's experience". I actually like the backcourt SMU will have next year but this team desperately needs a couple of low post guys who can come in and have an immediate impact.

There are at least two and possibly as many as five guys who need to be run off from this current squad. Yes, there is some talent, but the talent on this team as currently constructed is not tournament-caliber. As you said we need low post players; we thought Jasey would be one (he isn't); when Chargois came in as a freshman he looked like a potential all-conference talent and yet he’s gotten worse in three years under Jank’s “tutelage.”

Tim Jankovich has absolutely destroyed our basketball program. If the powers that be care about the future of SMU basketball, he will be fired later this month.
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby sadderbudweiser » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:56 am

I’m going to suggest here that if JANK STAYS.... it will be the wrong guys who end up leaving.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby okcponyfan » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:20 am

Is little Ricky still planning on doing a reseat in the summer?

Who would up their donation to get better seats if Jank was still the coach?
okcponyfan
Varsity

Postby skyscraper » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:19 pm

The logic behind keeping him another season is faulty.
ROSTER: Yes, we have some workable parts. But clearly they are regressing and not improving. Also, do you trust Jank to 1. put in the effort to find the needed parts and 2. actually be able to coach them?
MOODY: More season tickets will be canceled as the hard reset to the 1500 continues. In what world would Jank coming back and the team on a losing skid to end the season excite the fan base and get someone to buy season tix?
skyscraper

Postby SMU Section F » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:37 pm

skyscraper wrote:MOODY: More season tickets will be canceled as the hard reset to the 1500 continues. In what world would Jank coming back and the team on a losing skid to end the season excite the fan base and get someone to buy season tix?

We may manage to drop below the 1500... I know more than a couple that bailed due to the reseat.
SMU Section F
Heisman

Postby PonySnob » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:39 pm

okcponyfan wrote:Is little Ricky still planning on doing a reseat in the summer?

Who would up their donation to get better seats if Jank was still the coach?

Believe it’s planned for the 2022-23 season

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby Arkpony » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:58 am

Hire Pitino and I will renew the season tickets I dropped on the reseat. And I can't even make many of the games.
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby PonySnob » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:14 am

Arkpony wrote:Hire Pitino and I will renew the season tickets I dropped on the reseat. And I can't even make many of the games.

You won’t have to renew
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby redpony » Sat Mar 07, 2020 12:21 pm

PonySnob wrote:
Arkpony wrote:Hire Pitino and I will renew the season tickets I dropped on the reseat. And I can't even make many of the games.

You won’t have to renew

So you are saying that regardless of how bad this team finishes the season and the AAC tourney our incompetent coach will be back next year to further destroy this program.
If so I can only hope that those who disagree with that decision will boycott the program next year.
redpony

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:49 pm

redpony wrote:
PonySnob wrote:

You won’t have to renew

So you are saying that regardless of how bad this team finishes the season and the AAC tourney our incompetent coach will be back next year to further destroy this program.
If so I can only hope that those who disagree with that decision will boycott the program next year.

It certainly appears this team will lose it's last 4 games to finish this season on a miserable note. If Jank comes back and there are no roster changes, that will be a HUGE statement from the powers that be at SMU that they just don't care about competing for championships.
Charleston Pony

Postby mustangxc » Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:57 pm

SMU enjoys losing! We sure don't care about integrity or winning. If we don't fire Jankovich and Mays we might as well shut it down.
mustangxc

Postby dalpony » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:24 pm

Relax everyone unless we win out Jank is gone - do any of you really think this team will win out?
dalpony
Varsity

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:31 am

dalpony wrote:Relax everyone unless we win out Jank is gone - do any of you really think this team will win out?

Win out and be the National Champs? That would go beyond U.S. Hockey's "Miracle Gold Medal" and of course that would save Jank's job and undoubtedly make him National Coach of the Year. Even winning the AAC Tourney would be a minor miracle at this point. It takes a different level of intensity than this team has shown to win auto bids to the NCAA Tourney.
Charleston Pony

Previous

Return to Basketball