PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Penultimate letdown of the regular season (SMU at UCF)

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Penultimate letdown of the regular season (SMU at UCF)

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:51 pm

I look at Davis like I looked at Duke's Bobby Hurley years ago and like I saw Nic's progression here at SMU...as he matures and gets stronger, hopefully he becomes a better 3 point shooter and that will really open up the floor for him and his teammates.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Stallion » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:57 pm

True the only thing holding him back from being an AAC MVP is that he has to raise his 3 point shot to the upper 30s--but he rarely takes a bad 3 point shot--so I think its possible he gets there

I think he'll be named First team All-AAC PG this year
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:12 pm

Nic was a better 3 point shooter but we have to remember the distance has been increased so not sure Davis will ever be the 3 point shooter Nic was. What was interesting about Nic's career is that his 3 point percentage got worse year after year, but the number of 3 pointers he took increased every year. Nic always shot better than 40% whereas Kendric barely shoots over 30% from three...but Kendric has a much better assist:turnover ratio which is the 1st stat I look for in a PG.
Charleston Pony

Previous

Return to Basketball