PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

AAC Championship Tournament

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: AAC Championship Tournament

Postby One Trick Pony » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:49 am

Dukie wrote:
One Trick Pony wrote:You haven't begun to see the real problem and what it's going to do. I know what's going on in the medical field at least in our area

Enlighten me, please, as to your wisdom regarding the real problem and as to what's going on in the medical field in our area.
10 million filed for unemployment in the last 2 weeks.

And right now our local hospitals have low census. They are pushing back employees and cutting hours / asking them to not come in.
One Trick Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:51 pm

One Trick Pony wrote:
Dukie wrote:
One Trick Pony wrote:You haven't begun to see the real problem and what it's going to do. I know what's going on in the medical field at least in our area

Enlighten me, please, as to your wisdom regarding the real problem and as to what's going on in the medical field in our area.
10 million filed for unemployment in the last 2 weeks.

And right now our local hospitals have low census. They are pushing back employees and cutting hours / asking them to not come in.

There are a growing number of cities that would love to have any "surplus" healthcare workers who are looking for more hours. I have family in NYC and Detroit and they are living on a different planet than I am here in the Charlotte area right now.
Charleston Pony

Postby One Trick Pony » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:53 am

If you purchased tickets for the basketball championship Directly from Dickey's events center and ticket master, check your credit card statement - they're charging back even though the event was canceled.

Their site States clearly if you purchase directly through them that they would automatically give you a credit, not.

You have to fill out all the forms and do the horse and pony show. These ticket companies are despicable they're holding people's funds trying to stay afloat

No one is going to trust stubhub after all of this mess. I sold $5300 of ranger tickets and they won't refund the buyers and they won't pay me the seller
One Trick Pony

Postby ponyboy » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:53 am

So stub hub's stealing $5,300 from your buyer. I'd always had good experiences with them, but that ain't right.

Ticketmaster on the other hand, not so much. A few years back, with their own money that they saved over a long time after a lot of hard manual work, two of my sons bought every expensive first row tickets to a Mumford & Sons concert. We printed the tickets, as per normal. (This was before the days you just showed the ticket on your phone). Well, the bassist got ill, so they postponed the concert.

When they rescheduled a few months later, we got a Ticketmaster email that we had new tickets, so quite naturally we logged on and printed the new tickets with the new date, etc. When we showed up at the door for the concert, the lady scanning tickets denied our admission saying that the tickets had been printed twice. I was pretty chill about it, so a cop at the door kind of patted me on the back and told me, that's not right, man. And he pointed me to the ticket window and told me they'd help me out there.

I calmly walked up to the ticket window and explained to a Ticketmaster employee who was working what happened. (I know those guys deal with a lot of humdingers, so I was sure to hold back my anger). I mean, without batting an eye he told me flat out, "sorry, I can't help you." That was even though we established that no one had tried to enter with the old tickets or new tickets, and even though my two sons could show identification that they were in fact the buyers. When I was about to start getting a little visibly miffed, he slammed down the shade on his window as if to say this conversation is over.

Single worst customer service experience of my life. The only thing that even sort of saved it was the fact that the cop saw the whole thing happen -- and could tell I was about to go nuclear on the guy behind the window after he slammed the shade down. So he grabbed us and let us in a side door so we could at least see the concert from the back of the facility.

But no refund or recompense from any kind from Ticketmaster. They're thieves -- and not just because of my one incident.
ponyboy

Postby One Trick Pony » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:52 pm

ponyboy wrote:So stub hub's stealing $5,300 from your buyer. I'd always had good experiences with them, but that ain't right.

Ticketmaster on the other hand, not so much. A few years back, with their own money that they saved over a long time after a lot of hard manual work, two of my sons bought every expensive first row tickets to a Mumford & Sons concert. We printed the tickets, as per normal. (This was before the days you just showed the ticket on your phone). Well, the bassist got ill, so they postponed the concert.

When they rescheduled a few months later, we got a Ticketmaster email that we had new tickets, so quite naturally we logged on and printed the new tickets with the new date, etc. When we showed up at the door for the concert, the lady scanning tickets denied our admission saying that the tickets had been printed twice. I was pretty chill about it, so a cop at the door kind of patted me on the back and told me, that's not right, man. And he pointed me to the ticket window and told me they'd help me out there.

I calmly walked up to the ticket window and explained to a Ticketmaster employee who was working what happened. (I know those guys deal with a lot of humdingers, so I was sure to hold back my anger). I mean, without batting an eye he told me flat out, "sorry, I can't help you." That was even though we established that no one had tried to enter with the old tickets or new tickets, and even though my two sons could show identification that they were in fact the buyers. When I was about to start getting a little visibly miffed, he slammed down the shade on his window as if to say this conversation is over.

Single worst customer service experience of my life. The only thing that even sort of saved it was the fact that the cop saw the whole thing happen -- and could tell I was about to go nuclear on the guy behind the window after he slammed the shade down. So he grabbed us and let us in a side door so we could at least see the concert from the back of the facility.

But no refund or recompense from any kind from Ticketmaster. They're thieves -- and not just because of my one incident.
Actually stub hub is stealing from both of us.

If this facade of a virus continues they will be bankrupt
One Trick Pony

Postby One Trick Pony » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:56 pm

I actually called Dickey's ticket office this morning And left a message. They called me back and said that they were processing a refund so I guess that worked...
One Trick Pony

Postby JasonB » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:03 pm

Correction. If the threat of a dangerous virus continues, they will be bankrupt.

Unfortunately, yesterday saw the highest number of deaths in a day yet, after several days of decline or flat. Mass and Mich are starting to accelerate.

Influenza Related Illnesses is still dropping like a rock. Hopefully the implication there is that Corona is starting to be impacted by seasonality and everything will start to dissipate by the middle of May.
JasonB

Postby One Trick Pony » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:11 pm

JasonB wrote:Correction. If the threat of a dangerous virus continues, they will be bankrupt.

Unfortunately, yesterday saw the highest number of deaths in a day yet, after several days of decline or flat. Mass and Mich are starting to accelerate.

Influenza Related Illnesses is still dropping like a rock. Hopefully the implication there is that Corona is starting to be impacted by seasonality and everything will start to dissipate by the middle of May.
Keep believin what the news is pumping you pal.

I know what's happening at the hospital's my wife works on a covid floor.

This is the last I will post on the subject
One Trick Pony

Postby mustangxc » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:44 pm

One Trick Pony wrote:
JasonB wrote:Correction. If the threat of a dangerous virus continues, they will be bankrupt.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL
mustangxc

Postby ponyboy » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:44 pm

OTP, can I get just one word out of you? Are they underreporting COVID illnesses or over reporting?
ponyboy

Postby JasonB » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:58 am

One Trick Pony wrote:

I get that nothing is happening here thus far. But elsewhere is a different story.
JasonB

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:39 am

JasonB wrote:I get that nothing is happening here thus far. But elsewhere is a different story.

If it's "slow" in the DFW area, just be thankful. My wife went to H.S. and college in Michigan and has family and friends there who are losing family members to this bug. You have a completely different perspective once that starts happening.
Charleston Pony

Previous

Return to Basketball