PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

mustangxc

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

mustangxc

Postby LA_Mustang » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:02 pm

The board is almost extinct. Two barely active threads in three weeks. Middle school message boards are more active. You criticized me for my posts. What should we discuss? The complete destruction of this program has occurred and you want to call out one of the few who still care. Congrats. #Jank’d
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: mustangxc

Postby Terry Webster » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:19 pm

Not just basketball...there is very little activity on any of the boards.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponyboy » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:43 pm

Happens every summer.
ponyboy

Postby East Coast Mustang » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:26 am

ponyboy wrote:Happens every summer.

This is a lie and you knew that when you posted this. It’s been extremely disappointing to see you cheer on the destruction of our basketball program, but I guess that’s what you want. Strange.

We should be discussing grad transfers or regular transfers to fill out our roster, since there’s 2-3 guys on it now who should be sent packing. But no, that’s too much work for Lazy Jank; he’s keeping the entire band back together for another mediocre go-round.

Also we should be discussing 2021 recruiting since 5 or so spots will become available after next year, but since Lazy Jank has done nothing, there’s nothing to talk about there either.

Pony up!
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby mustangxc » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:42 am

LA_Mustang wrote:The board is almost extinct. Two barely active threads in three weeks. Middle school message boards are more active. You criticized me for my posts. What should we discuss? The complete destruction of this program has occurred and you want to call out one of the few who still care. Congrats. #Jank’d

#Triggered #Obsessed

Terry Webster wrote:Not just basketball...there is very little activity on any of the boards.

Exactly! It's more of a 247 phenomenon.

East Coast Mustang wrote:

This is a lie and you knew that when you posted this. It’s been extremely disappointing to see you cheer on the destruction of our basketball program, but I guess that’s what you want. Strange.

We should be discussing grad transfers or regular transfers to fill out our roster, since there’s 2-3 guys on it now who should be sent packing. But no, that’s too much work for Lazy Jank; he’s keeping the entire band back together for another mediocre go-round.

Also we should be discussing 2021 recruiting since 5 or so spots will become available after next year, but since Lazy Jank has done nothing, there’s nothing to talk about there either.

Pony up!

I agree that it is very disheartening that this staff couldn't be bothered to cut some dead weight to add the 1-2 players missing to complete this roster into a likely Sweet 16 team. Also, the lack of noise regarding the 2021 class is very alarming. Unfortunately, there is not much we can do other than wait it out.
mustangxc

Postby EastStang » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:44 am

Nothing happening, so nothing to talk about. No practices going on to have comments on. No recruiting insights, no summer classes to see who's in summer school. If you have something to share, post it and see who posts.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby mustangxc » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:46 am

Sonny Dykes has killed it in recruiting, yet there have been no new developments in recruiting the last several weeks and as a result the football board is dead too. There is plenty to complain about regarding Jankovich and SMU basketball, but the silence on the ponyfans message boards isn't one of them.
mustangxc

Postby ponyboy » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:45 am

A lie? Ponyfans.com gets quiet every summer. It's an indisputable fact.

Regarding what I think is your main point, there's no doubt I am slow to pull the trigger in terms of making judgements about coaching staff. Because I'm a rose-colored-glasses type, I tend to give folks more rope than perhaps what is prudent. You, on the other hand, seem to fancy yourself a bit of a mind reader able to discern the content of a man's heart. Truth's probably in the middle.

Just so things are clear, here's where I am: Knowing what I know, which is limited, if I were the money man I would have let Jank coach through last season. And then we'd have a new coach right now, out there hot on the trail -- with the expectation that his job would be judged based on his ability to get us into perennial Top 25 territory. There's no excuse that we're not still there. The groundwork was laid in every way imaginable. It's there for the taking for the right coach.
ponyboy

Postby East Coast Mustang » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:59 pm

ponyboy wrote:

A lie? Ponyfans.com gets quiet every summer. It's an indisputable fact.

Quiet, yes, but not completely silent. I think we went almost a week without anyone posting at all. Meanwhile other programs are adding grad transfers, traditional transfers, getting 2021 commits, and visiting/interacting with 2021 prospects. What are we doing?
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:00 pm

I was just waiting for one or more of the guys on last year's roster to hit the transfer portal and to see another rim protector coming aboard, but I guess Jank is content to go with what he had last year plus McNeill. I just want to see our 2020-2021 football and basketball seasons take place without interruption due to a resurgence of that pesky virus. Sure seems like a lot of football players are testing positive as they return to campus and while I'm encouraged by the fact that the majority seem to be asymptomatic, not sure how the schools and NCAA are going to deal with that.
Charleston Pony

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:08 am

In the Larry years the basketball board was just as active in the summer than the football board.

Of course, some of that had to do with the Hogman disaster, but there was definitely a constant interest in hoops.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby mustangxc » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:12 pm

Finally some news and positive news from SMU Basketball and LA Mustang’s silence is deafening.
mustangxc

Postby LA_Mustang » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:23 pm

mustangxc wrote:Finally some news and positive news from SMU Basketball and LA Mustang’s silence is deafening.

I’m curious which you view as “some news” and which is “positive news?”

And kind of like the scheduling of appropriate OOC opponents, I’m not sure what more I can say about either one of these developments.

LA_Mustang

Postby mustangxc » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:28 pm

Feron Hunt coming back and cutting some dead weight to free up a scholarship is positive news. Jon Rothstein predicting a second place finish and NCAA bid is just news.

You’re incapable of being happy about anything positive regarding the program. Sad!
mustangxc

Postby LA_Mustang » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:59 pm

mustangxc wrote:Feron Hunt coming back and cutting some dead weight to free up a scholarship is positive news. Jon Rothstein predicting a second place finish and NCAA bid is just news.

You’re incapable of being happy about anything positive regarding the program. Sad!

You’re so wrong. Feron had no choice but to come back. Are you really acting like that was debatable? His only real other option was to transfer/sit out a year which he wasn’t going to do. This had nothing to do with Jank and everything to do with the situation. Am I glad he’s back? Absolutely, as long as he is used the right way which he wasn’t last season.

Secondly, you’re asking me to publicly praise Jank for running of a guy that he should have never recruited In the first place? Nothing against CJ because he played hard and he did a lot more than a few other guys Jank is allowing to remain on the roster, but this is simply a case of Jank covering up a mistake with a move that is TBD. Now if he goes out and replaces his spot with an AAC level contributor, praise is due.

LA_Mustang

Next

Return to Basketball