PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

mustangxc

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: mustangxc

Postby mustangxc » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:41 am

Lol! Are you so bitter you can’t admit that Feron Hunt coming back is positive news for SMU basketball? Nobody said it had anything to do with Jankovich. You hate Jankovich so much more than you ever cared about SMU basketball you simply can’t judge events independently. CJ along with a few others on the roster should have never been recruited and we’ve all said so numerous times. We’ve also torched Jankovich numerous times for his unwillingness/inability to correct his mistakes for the benefit of the program. He finally did. You should be happy if you are a fan of SMU basketball. You are not. You simply hate Jankovich much much more than you ever cared for SMU basketball. We all want Jankovich gone but some of us are able to keep things in perspective.

You are always posting about the fact there is nothing to discuss regarding SMU basketball and every single time there is even a tiny bit of positive news you disappear. Jankovich has been a terrible disappointment for everyone associated with SMU, but it’s not all bad. It’s mostly bad, but there have been some positives.
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby LA_Mustang » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:13 am

mustangxc wrote:Lol! Are you so bitter you can’t admit that Feron Hunt coming back is positive news for SMU basketball? Nobody said it had anything to do with Jankovich. You hate Jankovich so much more than you ever cared about SMU basketball you simply can’t judge events independently. CJ along with a few others on the roster should have never been recruited and we’ve all said so numerous times. We’ve also torched Jankovich numerous times for his unwillingness/inability to correct his mistakes for the benefit of the program. He finally did. You should be happy if you are a fan of SMU basketball. You are not. You simply hate Jankovich much much more than you ever cared for SMU basketball. We all want Jankovich gone but some of us are able to keep things in perspective.

You are always posting about the fact there is nothing to discuss regarding SMU basketball and every single time there is even a tiny bit of positive news you disappear. Jankovich has been a terrible disappointment for everyone associated with SMU, but it’s not all bad. It’s mostly bad, but there have been some positives.

I disappear?? At least I’m still here posting. 95% of this program’s fans no longer come to PFs. They go to the pay site where things are legitimately discussed. And believe me, my criticism of Jank is mild compared to most over there. Plus, how many people have posted on the “news” or “positive news” you’re calling me out on for not commenting? Feron - one (you with great news!)”. CJ - four (you calling this “amazing news” and two people digging on Jank).

You’re right. It is all me.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby mustangxc » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:03 am

You're the only one who repeatedly posts about the lack of news or anything to discuss regarding SMU basketball yet when there is something to legitimately comment on have no comment. That is my sole gripe with you. Other than that I agree that Jankovich should have been fired at the end of last season, again at the end of this season. As it stands, I think he'll probably be back for 2 more seasons so as a fan I hope we win because for pretty much all SMU fans it's been mostly pain for many decades and don't want to have to wait another 4-5 seasons to start winning again.
mustangxc

Postby ponyboy » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:47 am

We're actually all in violent agreement on the core of this issue. We're not where we should be. And Jank is not the guy. May every one of us be proven wrong this season. If we're not proven wrong, may the problem be remedied with haste and resolve.
ponyboy

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:19 pm

LA_Mustang wrote: Feron had no choice but to come back. Are you really acting like that was debatable? His only real other option was to transfer/sit out a year which he wasn’t going to do.

As I recall, someone reported that Feron had no intention of staying long enough at SMU to earn a degree and if that is true, he may have had other options beyond transferring to another school. Not sure whether he could play somewhere internationally or be considered by some team for the G-league but I don't think there is any question about SMU being a better team with him on the roster. His coming back is good news
Charleston Pony

Postby LA_Mustang » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:05 pm

mustangxc wrote:You're the only one who repeatedly posts about the lack of news or anything to discuss regarding SMU basketball yet when there is something to legitimately comment on have no comment. That is my sole gripe with you. Other than that I agree that Jankovich should have been fired at the end of last season, again at the end of this season. As it stands, I think he'll probably be back for 2 more seasons so as a fan I hope we win because for pretty much all SMU fans it's been mostly pain for many decades and don't want to have to wait another 4-5 seasons to start winning again.

Fair.

As much as I despise the fact that he is still our coach, I realize he will be here 2 or 3 more years.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Previous

Return to Basketball