PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

scholarships

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

scholarships

Postby originaloverthehilltop1 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:33 am

is isaih mike definitely gone? how many ships available? prospects? state of the union?
originaloverthehilltop1
Varsity

Re: scholarships

Postby Terry Webster » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:26 pm

Mike is still deciding. Sam Blum has a terrific article today about Mike and the process he is going through to make his decision. I think we have one schollie with CJ entering the portal.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby friarwolf » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:33 am

The tone of that article says he gone............
friarwolf
Heisman

Postby Terry Webster » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:12 pm

I didn't get that at all. I think he would stay if he can figure out if he can support his son and still attend school and play.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:58 am

Might be no basketball option at all for Mike this season, so that really makes it tough on a guy with a family to support. No 2020-2021 season could mean we see a very different looking SMU basketball team next time they play a game in Moody. If professional leagues get shut down and players have no other options, but still retain a senior season of eligibility, it will be interesting to see what happens in 2021-2022. What would it mean for incoming FR in college athletics? Not as many openings so unless scholarship limits are increased, schools will have to "recruit over" and kick a lot of "would be" returning seniors to the curb
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby JasonB » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:57 pm

Europe has show the capability to run soccer... I bet they find a way to do basketball as well.

If I were Mike, I'd go Europe right now. Besides the money, a year to showcase for NBA scouts in a professional environment has a better shot at getting him in the league than sitting around SMU and waiting for the NCAA to shut down the season.
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Higher Authority » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:08 pm

I bet (and hope) he stays
"Mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in .... next to soccer."
— "Loki" in the movie Dogma
Higher Authority
All-American

Return to Basketball