PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

How come this did not make bigger news? Let's play football.

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: How come this did not make bigger news? Let's play footb

Postby JasonB » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:52 am

ponyboy wrote:
JasonB wrote:The hundreds of thousands of folks who have tested positive in the last two weeks haven't had the 6+ weeks it takes to die (for the small percentage who will die).

Hundreds of thousands? Maybe you're talking in the U.S. as a whole? Exactly 105,647 have tested positive in the last two weeks in Texas. (Not that positive tests mean much of anything statistically). And why did you change your infection-to-death number from two weeks to six-plus? I'm continuing to use 3 weeks in my calculations.

JasonB wrote:Our deaths per recovery rate in Texas is 2.5%. Way lower than NYC, Italy, and Wuhan from the beginning of the virus. But still not a good number at all.

Deaths per recovery? That number by definition is zero. I think you mean percent of deaths for those who contract COVID-19. That number is currently .183%. And, yes, it's continuing to fall day on day -- as it has since we've had good data.

Again, let me know if you want to see my calcs.
JasonB wrote:Oh, and now we are finding out that immunity doesn't last. So that is awesome.

Source?

I hope my other post helped with the clarifications around the data.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... y-suggests

If you google it you can find references to this study itself, but there have been a lot of really small studies globally that are starting to point in the same direction, unfortunately.
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ponyboy » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:31 am

Helpful. Appreciate it.
ponyboy

Postby gostangs » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:52 pm

JasonB wrote:
ponyboy wrote:
JasonB wrote:The hundreds of thousands of folks who have tested positive in the last two weeks haven't had the 6+ weeks it takes to die (for the small percentage who will die).

Hundreds of thousands? Maybe you're talking in the U.S. as a whole? Exactly 105,647 have tested positive in the last two weeks in Texas. (Not that positive tests mean much of anything statistically). And why did you change your infection-to-death number from two weeks to six-plus? I'm continuing to use 3 weeks in my calculations.

JasonB wrote:Our deaths per recovery rate in Texas is 2.5%. Way lower than NYC, Italy, and Wuhan from the beginning of the virus. But still not a good number at all.

Deaths per recovery? That number by definition is zero. I think you mean percent of deaths for those who contract COVID-19. That number is currently .183%. And, yes, it's continuing to fall day on day -- as it has since we've had good data.

Again, let me know if you want to see my calcs.
JasonB wrote:Oh, and now we are finding out that immunity doesn't last. So that is awesome.

Source?

I hope my other post helped with the clarifications around the data.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ ... y-suggests

If you google it you can find references to this study itself, but there have been a lot of really small studies globally that are starting to point in the same direction, unfortunately.

There are also studies that suggest that it is not just antibodies that assists us in fighting this and/or achieving herd immunity. Those studies suggest that many are not very susceptible to being infected due to their t-cells (natural immune system) - and that therefore our herd immunity will be closer to 20% than to 60%.

Also - as of today - DFW cases have dropped 8 days in a row - seems like anyone in the press can look that up as easily as I can - but instead we don't get anything but hysteria.
gostangs

Postby malonish » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:12 am

BUS wrote:With the testing continuing... as it should... The death percentage is going WAY down. Key to getting behind this is testing and early treatment. Steroids, Hydrochoroquine, other forms of like drugs... all have proven better than mask and sit at home.

FYI: Cali... in March and April (2 months) had a full years count of suicide. Sad that nobody talks about that.

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Testing continues to show hydroxychloroquine results barely any different than natural recovery rates so no.

Re: better than mask/social distance- if you didn't reason yourself into believing that then I won't try to reason you out of it.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Previous

Return to Around the Hilltop