PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Info on T Cell / COVID business

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Info on T Cell / COVID business

Postby malonish » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:09 am

Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:Blah blah

By your response it is honestly clear you did not closely read what I posted and are reacting to something you've concocted in your head. Open the image in new tab and start over. Thanks. If you don't at least understand what the graphic stated, I can't take seriously any of your other statements. This is not an intelligence dig, this is a dig at intent and bad faith argumentation. See below perhaps.

The "maybe" comes from the pretty regular new reports of data errors all over the country and in government....data errors on both sides....numbers during the coronavirus pandemic are and can be skewed....not fully accurate....none of this is "gospel"....thus the "maybe".

Denial with a side of racism, nice.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby malonish » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:17 am

East Coast Mustang wrote:Ignore opinions, listen to the medical experts!

“Fauci says he doesn't regret telling Americans not to wear masks at the beginning of the pandemic”

Context request: Post link to the article where the quote comes from to prevent assumptions of bad faith.

Response: So, with the info at hand super early on in a pandemic a scientist made a mistake then changed tune after more information was clear. You know what that's called?

Science. Something Herman didn't like to listen to and it took him away early leaving his family in grief and missing potentially years of company and joy. A scientist adjusts the hypothesis when it's proven untrue. That's part of the Scientific Method and using a quite possibly out of context quote to try and tear down literally one of the top experts in the field is pretty low class.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:

PonyPride:

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby East Coast Mustang » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:31 am

malonish wrote:
East Coast Mustang wrote:Ignore opinions, listen to the medical experts!

“Fauci says he doesn't regret telling Americans not to wear masks at the beginning of the pandemic”

Context request: Post link to the article where the quote comes from to prevent assumptions of bad faith.

Response: So, with the info at hand super early on in a pandemic a scientist made a mistake then changed tune after more information was clear. You know what that's called?

Science. Something Herman didn't like to listen to and it took him away early leaving his family in grief and missing potentially years of company and joy. A scientist adjusts the hypothesis when it's proven untrue. That's part of the Scientific Method and using a quite possibly out of context quote to try and tear down literally one of the top experts in the field is pretty low class.

Here’s the link; if you were as smart as you want us to think you are (you’re not) you could’ve just pasted the headline I used earlier into your search bar and found it yourself: https://www.businessinsider.com/fauci-d ... mic-2020-7

Fauci has been all over the place from the jump about COVID. He’s 79; he should be in a hammock somewhere but alas he’s an attention whore who’s never turned down an interview request. But, to be fair, the entire scientific community has completely embarrassed itself in the past six months so he’s certainly not alone.
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:48 am

malonish wrote:Denial with a side of racism, nice.

Boy the ole "racism crutch" didn't take long....never does.

The problem with your lie...is Wuhan is a city, not a race.

Is "Lyme Disease" racist? Named after a large outbreak of the disease occurred in Lyme and Old Lyme, Connecticut in the 1970s.

CNN racist too?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUD3CgYS7d8

Texas 30 million
Less than 15,000 deaths
Keep throwing around 3 million US dead....that will never happen.
Oh the sky is falling or when that bull-sheet doesn't work lets change it to "the sky is gonna or might fall"
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby JasonB » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:50 pm

Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:

Boy the ole "racism crutch" didn't take long....never does.

The problem with your lie...is Wuhan is a city, not a race.

Is "Lyme Disease" racist? Named after a large outbreak of the disease occurred in Lyme and Old Lyme, Connecticut in the 1970s.

CNN racist too?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUD3CgYS7d8

Texas 30 million
Less than 15,000 deaths
Oh the sky is falling or when that bull-sheet doesn't work lets change it to "the sky is gonna or might fall"

How about 12 to 0? It will stop at 50,000? It will go away in the summer? It is going to stop in August? It will go away this fall?

Stating that the sky is definitely going to fall isn't appropriate.
Stating that the sky absolutely won't fall is even more inappropriate.

We took measures in the beginning that ensured that the country wouldn't be infected before we knew how to treat it. Those measures were helpful.

We made some bad decisions in the summer about how to reopen, and about the importance of masks, which cost us lives. That is how we got up to 15,000 in Texas.

Testing is improving. Treatments are becoming more well understood. As both of things become more effective and more cost effective, we should be having discussions about how it enables us to approve other types of activities as we move forward, and how we avoid making mistakes that cause another explosion of cases and force things to shut down again.

When the number of cases explode, people stay home. That has a bigger impact on the economy than any mask or social distancing mandate. Everyone needs to recognize that if you want to keep the economy going, we need to keep the cases at a low number until we have the appropriate treatment mechanisms such that people aren't concerned about catching the disease. Not by lying to people about the severity of the disease or about the numbers. But by just taking some simple preventative measures to minimize the number of cases.
JasonB

Postby malonish » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:14 pm

East Coast Mustang wrote:blah blah partisan complaints about science

So the full comment was "I don't regret anything I said then because in the context of the time in which I said it, it was correct."

So stuff changes and you don't know how science works. Nice.

the entire scientific community has completely embarrassed itself in the past six months

This is a false partisan complaint to defend orange man's never ending embarrassment with this pandemic and that's not up for debate.
Last edited by malonish on Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:

PonyPride:

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby malonish » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:21 pm

Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:

Boy the ole "racism crutch" didn't take long.

First, How many months after COVID was named you are still now referring to it by a location populated by a race of people. Definitely not a racist dog whistle. Nope. not a chance. [sarcasm font]

Second, you still haven't read what the image said so you are indeed confirmed to be someone of bad intent since you refuse to understand the premise and use the willful ignorance to make dumb claims.

Third, if at a 1% death rate and **********if********* 30 million people got infected what is the number of dead? 300 million times 1%, how about that number? What's the math? Is it inconvenient and that's why you are willfully ignorant? You can't go extrapolate total dead and compare to total population and say my math is wrong when the total population hasn't been infected. So again, bad math or bad faith?

Fourth, You went ahead and willfully ignored the other 80% of the image showing that death is ***not the only measurable effect*** of being infected. Not only is the thing more deadly than the flu, you don't just recover from the initial symptoms like with the flu. It sticks with you and can do other junk. Even since that image was captured more side effects have shown up like glaucoma in people with healthy eyes.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:

PonyPride:

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Dukie » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:36 pm

ponyte wrote:
Dukie wrote:
ponyte wrote:And I'm sure the usually person attacks about how I'm ignorant, a denier, some (fill in the blank)ist.

Call me all the names you want. Name calling is the only consistent thing left on this board.

Who called you names, and what names did they call you? Such an effing victim.

Right on cue, the usual name calling begins! And from the one most expected to hurl names first. Thank you for confirming the most consistent subject on this board is name calling.

Sincerely sorry to have, well, victimized you. Tell us again how COVID isn't scary, and that AIDS is a good comparison for it?
Dukie
Heisman

Postby ponyboy » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:22 pm

One of the theories holds that once we get to a point where about 20% of the population is infected, the virus runs out of host material. Remembering that death, naturally, comes a few weeks after infection, the following two graphs that I created from data at covidtracking.com are rather interesting:

We seem to have hit a peak in early August and have since been trending downward.
ponyboy

Postby gostangs » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:58 pm

This is what I mentioned several weeks ago and seems to be holding true. Weather or not T-cells provide immunity or just a heavy resistance - it has the same effect - herd immunity when exposure to the virus reaches around 20%. Look at every graph in every geography around the country and world - they look virtually the same. When it hits close to 20% exposure it heads back down. Ours in DFW also looks the same and is now very low after a peak back in August.

Masks might help - so I wear one. But they also might have very little impact. The downward curve may just be the virus running its course like they all do. The most neurotic masked up state in the union (California) had their run up while everyone wore masks. So many are just so invested in the fear because that's the kind of person they are - they cant let go. Those are the people that invent all kinds of "lingering effects" which are completely conjecture since this is 6 months old. Others like the drama due to a political cycle (you can tell who - they bring it up constantly). That is probably why the media reports only the sensational - when is the last time you saw the DMN with a headline - "COVID cases in Dallas county down by 90%"

The world is opening back up and quickly - organizations who don't realize this are costing themselves dearly for no reason - as the Big 10 just realized. And its not just money - but they are costing others (students) their experiences and lifelong memories, over a disease with a 99.7% recovery rate - even if you catch it. I personally would go to any large gathering right now with no concerns - its just not that prevalent any longer.
gostangs

Postby malonish » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:31 pm

Re: Cali- I've posted video of significant pockets in Cali that weren't wearing masks so people are still not wearing masks even in states that try to mandate it.

Re: """"lingering effects"""" that's not up for debate unless you got counter evidence to meet the amount that exists for the presence of them. It's literally not conjecture but go off.

Re: "it's political" - Funny how science is only political for the folks that find it inconvenient. This goes both ways re: anti vax on one side vs anti AGW on the other.

Re: 99.7% recovery rate - 99.7 would be great, however it's likely on a bell curve between 97 and 99.7 depending on a ton of variables. An average at 1% death rate and everyone getting it... is still very bad.
See that image that triggers some people for why.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:

PonyPride:

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:59 am

gostangs wrote:That is probably why the media reports only the sensational - when is the last time you saw the DMN with a headline - "COVID cases in Dallas county down by 90%"

The world is opening back up and quickly - organizations who don't realize this are costing themselves dearly for no reason - as the Big 10 just realized. And its not just money - but they are costing others (students) their experiences and lifelong memories, over a disease with a 99.7% recovery rate - even if you catch it. I personally would go to any large gathering right now with no concerns - its just not that prevalent any longer.

So true gostangs.

Oh it's still so terrible....that's why Parkland shut down their Covid unit because of lack of patients.

it's still so terrible that's why when I'vee been to Nebraska furniture twice in the last month it was PACKED

it's still so terrible that's why when I went to the new Scheels sporting goods on HWY 121 it was PACKED

Booo whoooo.....
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby malonish » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:27 am

Wear a mask if you're around people. It's an extremely minimal impact to yourself but if everyone actually did it we'd have no need for a vaccine or herd, what was the word, mentality? Oops, immunity. Instead we have people nationwide who put party over evidence and safety.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:

PonyPride:

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:08 am

I've got no problem with a mask....I was a germ-phobe before this and will be after.

Whether masks and what type of masks...are truely....100%, 50%, 25% whateva... effective in blocking airborne pathogens seems to be debated and re-examined even by people in the scientific community like Fauci and the CDC.

However the main reason I like a mask is it is one piece of the puzzle in keeping fingers out of nose/mouth. Germ hands are a significant way pathogens are transmitted to ourselves and others.

C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby malonish » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:17 pm

Good on you for the mask. Lots of the latest biz hypothesizes that SarsCov2 doesn't like living on surfaces for too long and is most transmittable through airborne saliva drops so if a mask can catch your spittles then it would stop the highest % transmission vector of COVID. Surfaces, yeah that can do a ton of other stuff so a nice side effect of the mask will remind people not to put any table germs on their nose.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:

PonyPride:

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Around the Hilltop