PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Ethan

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Ethan

Postby Topper » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:43 am

I have been really impressed with his season to this point. He looks in better shape than ever. He handles the ball and passes so well for a man of his size. He has been a strong FT shooter and otherwise plays a nicely controlled game. Really anxious to see how he responds to tougher competition. With the two new big guys taking up space in the middle maybe Ethan can concentrate on perimeter shooting. Impressive showings against the likes of Memphis and Houston will have scouts looking his way.
Topper
Hall of Famer

Re: Ethan

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:46 am

For a big man, it seems to me that Ethan has been more of a perimeter guy than a low post presence, at least during his 1st 3 years. He's playing much more physical this year and I like the fact that he is looking like he can be a force both inside and out. Going to be tough to handle.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Terry Webster » Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:34 pm

He also played some pretty impressive d last night against ecu's top scorer.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:20 pm

Topper wrote:Impressive showings against the likes of Memphis and Houston will have scouts looking his way.

I know during his freshman year some were concerned he would leave early for the NBA, but hopefully he has increased his skill level to be in the discussion for the NBA draft this year!
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby Thumper » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:55 pm

It can be hard to tell on the ESPN+ broadcast, but I think his body language looks different, like he's more interested and invested. With some players, that can make all the difference in the world.
Thumper
Varsity

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:36 pm

Thumper wrote:It can be hard to tell on the ESPN+ broadcast, but I think his body language looks different, like he's more interested and invested. With some players, that can make all the difference in the world.

Something about being a senior and this being your last chance
Charleston Pony

Return to Basketball