PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Charlie Brewer Enters Transfer Portal

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Charlie Brewer Enters Transfer Portal

Postby ponyboy » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:25 pm

Um, do you know something about Mr. Brewer that you’d like to share?
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonyPride » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:11 pm

Also entering the transfer portal, per numerous media outlets in Austin, UT freshman quarterback Ja'Quinden Jackson, of ... Duncanville. He had offers from all over the country coming out of high school.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride

Postby indianmustang » Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:52 pm

Mustang from India
indianmustang

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:02 pm

That would be exciting and would create great competition for the starting QB position next year
Charleston Pony

Postby Donnell88 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:26 pm

Brewer gave an early verbal commitment to Chad Morris & SMU but he flipped it to Baylor the day before signing day. I appreciate that flipping commitments is fairly common but when a prospect does it so late in the process, it leaves the original school in a bad spot, especially with quarterbacks.
Last edited by Donnell88 on Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Donnell88
All-American

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:06 pm

Donnell88 wrote:Brewer gave an early verbal commitment to Chad Morris & SMU but he flipped it to Texas the day before signing day. I appreciate that flipping commitments is fairly common but when a prospect does it so late in the process, it leaves the original school in a bad spot, especially with quarterbacks.

Anyone remember David Moore who committed to Chad only to bail at the 11th hour and sign with Memphis? Of course he flamed out there and ended up a Central Michigan Chippewa where he played all of 5 games last year. I would say we've done pretty well at the QB position with the Texas transfers. Wonder if that tradition is going to continue? I would love to have two high caliber QBs on the roster next year. Can't remember the last time we had that luxury.
Charleston Pony

Postby mustangxc » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:36 pm

Who was the highly rated June Jones recruited QB that had committed and then de-committed after the ASU flirtation?
mustangxc

Postby Donnell88 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:02 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:
Donnell88 wrote:Brewer gave an early verbal commitment to Chad Morris & SMU but he flipped it to Texas the day before signing day. I appreciate that flipping commitments is fairly common but when a prospect does it so late in the process, it leaves the original school in a bad spot, especially with quarterbacks.

Anyone remember David Moore who committed to Chad only to bail at the 11th hour and sign with Memphis? Of course he flamed out there and ended up a Central Michigan Chippewa where he played all of 5 games last year. I would say we've done pretty well at the QB position with the Texas transfers. Wonder if that tradition is going to continue? I would love to have two high caliber QBs on the roster next year. Can't remember the last time we had that luxury.

My mistake (now corrected), Brewer committed to Baylor after initially choosing SMU.
Donnell88
All-American

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:43 am

Donnell88 wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:

My mistake (now corrected), Brewer committed to Baylor after initially choosing SMU.

Texas got Chads other Brewer ( TE )
Charleston Pony

Postby CBpony » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:51 am

Anyone who thinks Brewer would be a good pickup hasn't watched an ounce of Baylor football the last three years ( I don't blame you). He tries to scramble way too much and isn't fast so more times than not he gets taken down for a loss. Also his brains are more than likely scrambled with 4+ concussions last season. Dude needs to hang up his cleats.
CBpony
Junior Varsity

Postby ponyboy » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:09 am

Yep.
ponyboy

Postby indianmustang » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:20 am

Mustang from India
indianmustang

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:17 am

Hopefully Samples can help sell him on SMU. This team will have big shoes to fill assuming Buechele moves on and it would really be nice to have 2 stud QBs competing for the job. Don't remember the last time we had that situation here. Having quality depth at QB is critical if this team is going to compete for AAC Championships.
Charleston Pony

Postby CA Mustang » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:10 am

PonyPride wrote:Also entering the transfer portal, per numerous media outlets in Austin, UT freshman quarterback Ja'Quinden Jackson, of ... Duncanville. He had offers from all over the country coming out of high school.

He chose Utah. https://twitter.com/NickHarris247/statu ... 6111269890
CA Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:59 am

Guys usually transfer in hopes of playing time. Preston Stone was presumably recruited to be the face of this program for years to come
Charleston Pony

PreviousNext

Return to Football