PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Other AAC games

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Other AAC games

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:03 pm

UCF up 30-21 vs Auburn at half
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Other AAC games

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:01 pm

UCF beats Auburn 63-55. After Houston took down Texas Tech, that's 2 AAC wins vs P-5 schools, something we need to see a lot more of.
Charleston Pony

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:48 am

Houston picks up another good win beating South Carolina by 10 points on a day when 20 games are postponed or cancelled. Going to be a roller coaster season and have to question whether we will have March Madness in 2021. Our next scheduled opponent, ECU beat Radford behind Jayden Gardner's 20 points...seems like that guy has been at ECU forever.
Charleston Pony

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:00 pm

Opportunity games today with Cincinnati playing rival Xavier, UCF playing Michigan and Wichita State vs Missouri

and the AAC goes 0-3
Charleston Pony

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:10 pm

Boring Saturday with no SMU football or bball but the AAC has more shots at P5 teams today. So far, so bad with Cincy losing 65-56 vs # 12 Tennessee, Wichita State losing to Okie State and Memphis vs Auburn now underway. UCF already owns a W against Auburn, so not that much of an opportunity game for Memphis. I hate that our games vs P5 schools have all been called off. On to conference play after exams next week.
Charleston Pony

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:37 pm

Wichita State held on to beat Tulsa last night in the conference opener. Nothing special about either team from what I saw, but without Jolly and Anei, it's difficult to say whether this year's SMU team will be any better than last year's version
Last edited by Charleston Pony on Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charleston Pony

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:50 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:Wichita State held on to beat ECU last night in the conference opener. Nothing special about either team from what I saw, but without Jolly and Anei, it's difficult to say whether this year's SMU team will be any better than last year's version

Wichita State beat Tulsa. I was confused for a second thinking Eastern Carolina had to play two straight nights!
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:39 pm

DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:Wichita State held on to beat ECU last night in the conference opener. Nothing special about either team from what I saw, but without Jolly and Anei, it's difficult to say whether this year's SMU team will be any better than last year's version

Wichita State beat Tulsa. I was confused for a second thinking Eastern Carolina had to play two straight nights!

Corrected. Knew I was watching a game being played in Tulsa last night, Had ECU on my mind when I posted...senior moment!
Charleston Pony

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:33 pm

USF wins at Cincinnati 74-71
Charleston Pony

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:02 pm

Cincy getting whipped at Georgia and UCF down by 5 at half to # 15 Florida State. Just looking like a down year for the AAC. Other than Houston, nobody beating any P5 teams
Charleston Pony

Postby mustangxc » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:10 am

Not so fast! UCF with a huge win at #15 Florida State, the highest ranked ACC team. Just because Cincinnati and Memphis are down doesn’t mean we aren’t a very good league. Top to bottom we’ve never been stronger. East Carolina and Tulane are finally respectable and Temple may be better than expected. SMU is up and Wichita State and USF may not be NCAA tournament teams but could be valuable resume enhancers and NIT teams.

Dayton beat Ole Miss today and previously beat Mississippi State, so that win is looking better and better.
mustangxc

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:04 am

Dayton and UCF wins are helpful for sure. UCF looking pretty strong with wins vs Auburn and FSU to their credit. Hard to tell with all the postponements and cancellations and who expected Kentucky to struggle like they have?
Charleston Pony

Postby Terry Webster » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:42 pm

Really wish Georgia wouldn't have screwed us by backing out of the game. Would have been nice to see how we stacked up against them this year.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:15 pm

UCF put up a good fight but Houston pulled away late. Both teams play tough D but Houston has more guys who can create their own shots in a half court game. Sure hope we have enough to play with those guys. Caleb Mills just took over late for Houston. Not sure who guards him but Anei will hopefully protect the lane and rim better than UCF did.
Charleston Pony

Postby Arkpony » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:06 pm

Tulsa leads Houston by 1 at the half 51-50.
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Next

Return to Basketball