PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Memphis AT SMU (Thursday) game thread

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Memphis AT SMU (Thursday) game thread

Postby indianmustang » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:21 am

Good we won and if we can get UH on Sunday we will be in good chance to make tourney
Mustang from India
indianmustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mrydel » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:50 am

Charleston Pony wrote:And the "non goal tending" call late in the game helped, too. We complained Tuesday about calls going against us but last night we got some "home team" calls. Jump ball at the end was questionable, but if Jolly had tried to escape I think he would have gotten the foul call, By pulling down that board and remaining stationary, he set them up to make that call.
Do not believe that was goaltending. He slapped the ball on the way up. It had not yet hit the backboard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby EastStang » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:47 am

Their guy had some goal tending as well on some blocks. So they even out. Good win and gutsy performance. Now Houston, it doesn't get any easier.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby mustangxc » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:32 am

Emmanuel Bandoumel got mobbed down the lane and a no call and on the very next play Anei got called for a foul on a shot that was a clear block and Deandre Williams went to the line and made 2 free throws. There were bad calls on both sides.
mustangxc

Postby JasonB » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:13 pm

When the other team makes a run to get back into it, you need your leader to settle the team down.

KD didn't do that yesterday, he was part of the meltdown. Great learning experience for him and the team to come help him out in the backcourt and against the press. Usually he is too quick to get trapped, but the 38 minutes two days ago took a toll.

Gutty win. Critical win to keep hopes alive for second place in the league. I hope we get McNeil back.

Odds are, WSU, Memphis, SMU, and Tulsa will be bunched together for second place, and the team who makes it to the final against Houston in the tourney makes it to the NCAA. Just need to stay in the bunch through the end of the season.
JasonB

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:15 pm

mrydel wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:And the "non goal tending" call late in the game helped, too. We complained Tuesday about calls going against us but last night we got some "home team" calls. Jump ball at the end was questionable, but if Jolly had tried to escape I think he would have gotten the foul call, By pulling down that board and remaining stationary, he set them up to make that call.
Do not believe that was goaltending. He slapped the ball on the way up. It had not yet hit the backboard.

Should have said "basket interference" because I was referring to Anei's put back that was still on the rim. That would have been a killer if that bucket had been waved off. I think it would have been in Tuesday's game at Memphis.
Charleston Pony

Postby mrydel » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:55 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:
mrydel wrote:

Should have said "basket interference" because I was referring to Anei's put back that was still on the rim. That would have been a killer if that bucket had been waved off. I think it would have been in Tuesday's game at Memphis.
Agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby PonyPride » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:18 pm

Davis's response to a couple of tough shooting nights?
Back out on the floor after the game, getting shots up — most of which he hit.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:13 pm

PonyPride wrote:Davis's response to a couple of tough shooting nights?
Back out on the floor after the game, getting shots up — most of which he hit.

He missed more open looks than I've seen him miss all year. I chalked it up to tired legs more than being rushed on his shots.
Charleston Pony

Previous

Return to Basketball