PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

MBB at Houston Game Thread

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: MBB at Houston Game Thread

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:29 am

Otto wrote:We were for a while. When Davis got 3 and 4, that ended it. Even when his shot is off, he's irreplaceable

Yeah we hung with them until it got out of hand, but it would have been nice to have more strength in our post-sanctions depth.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby soccermom » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:55 am

What’s sad to me is that Jank seemingly didn’t learn one thing while he was the coach in waiting. He had the opportunity to learn from LB....but nada.
soccermom
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Arkpony » Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:10 pm

Amen
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:03 pm

Would be great to see more motion and screening in our half court offense and more ball movement including touch passes to create good looks. It was really fun watching LB's teams when they were hitting on all cylinders but let's not forget we did complain about how LB seemed to frown on guys taking threes. I don't like our bigs jacking up threes but have no problem with our guards taking them if they are wide open and within the offensive flow. Our guys do have to know when they are feeling it and when they are not and always remember to "share the ball" as LB preached.

I do think this team has improved defensively and Yor Anei has been a big part of that. We have plenty of guys with quick hands and they can be more aggressive knowing the big guy has their backs.

I really miss what having a hall of fame coach did for recruiting and both media and fan interest in the program. Not sure we will ever get that back because there just aren't that many LBs out there willing to work at SMU. We got lucky that nobody wanted him in that time frame but he was still wanting to coach.
Charleston Pony

Postby bubba pony » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:38 pm

thanks Charleston Pony. well written. I kept wanting to write something along those lines but didn't have the energy to type it. since Larry Brown and his recruited players, I felt the teams are just playing sandlot basketball.
they live or die by the percent of 3's. boring
bubba pony
Heisman

Postby Arkpony » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:41 pm

Amen!
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Previous

Return to Basketball