PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Equestrian Hires World Champion Trainer Brad Kearns

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Equestrian Hires World Champion Trainer Brad Kearns

Postby PonyPride » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:14 pm

From SMUMustangs.com:

SMU Hires World Champion Trainer Brad Kearns As Mustang Western Coach

DALLAS, Texas (SMU) - SMU Equestrian head coach Carol Gwin announced on Thursday that World Champion trainer Brad Kearns has been hired as the Mustangs' western coach.

"I'm thrilled to welcome Brad to our coaching staff, and we're excited to have someone who is so respected in the horse industry join our program," Gwin said. "Brad is one of the top western horse trainers in the country and has trained some of the best riders in our sport. After watching our western team win the majority of points in the NCEA championship final in April, I truly believe we are knocking on the door of winning a National Championship. One of the things that makes Brad the perfect fit for us is his passion and commitment to developing student-athletes and we're excited to have him join us."

Kearns joins SMU after a successful career competing, coaching and judging in the American Quarter Horse Association (AQHA), American Paint Horse Association (APHA) and National Snaffle Bit Association (NSBA).

Kearns' daughter, Nya Kearns, is a sophomore for the Mustangs. As a freshman during the 2020-21 season, Kearns went 10-1 in Horsemanship and was named both the ECAC and NCEA National Rider of the Year in the event.

"I'm excited to be joining such an elite program at SMU," Kearns said. "The coaches in Dallas have really turned SMU into one of the top equestrian programs in the entire country and I'm really looking forward to getting to coach such an amazing group of student-athletes. SMU is an outstanding university and that's why two years ago, I was proud to stand next to Nya when she signed her National Letter of Intent to come to Dallas and become a Mustang. Rick Hart, Kris Harris and the entire SMU administration have shown a tremendous amount of support for this program. I'm excited to be a Mustang and am looking forward to bringing a National Championship to the Hilltop."

Kearns has coached multiple youth riders to AQHA High Point All-Around year end titles. He has also coached two AQHA Select World Champions, eight AQHA Youth World Champions, four AQHA Amateur Reserve World Champions, three AQHA Amateur Reserve World Champions and three Appaloosa World Champions.

As a competitor, Kearns is an AQHA World Champion and Reserve World Champion in Trail and Western Pleasure and has won a number of national titles in other events as well.

Kearns has served as a judge at major horse shows across the United States and around the world in countries like Switzerland, Germany and Australia. He previously judged the American Quarter Horse Association World Championship Show and the Australian Pleasure Horse Association National Championship Show.

Kearns will officially begin his new duties in mid-August.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Equestrian Hires World Champion Trainer Brad Kearns

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:36 pm

Talk about taking the program to new heights!
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Re: Equestrian Hires World Champion Trainer Brad Kearns

Postby BUS » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:28 am

Legacy of winning. Go Mustangs.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Return to Other Sports