PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Teams to Replace UH, Cincinnati, and UCF?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Teams to Replace UH, Cincinnati, and UCF?

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:10 pm

deepellumfrog wrote:So nobody thinks the Mountain West is a good option? I enjoyed my trips to Wyoming San Diego and Colorado when we were in that conference

SMU moving to the MWC that has placed an overwhelming amount of their revenue to Boise state would be incredibly dumb. It would be better for us to poach and put BSU to some sort of reality that they aren't that great.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Hoofprint » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:36 pm

They're a hell of a lot better than Waco
Hoofprint
All-American

Postby Mustangs_Maroons » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:18 pm

mustangxc wrote:hiphopfroggy was suggesitng the AAC add Rice and Texas State. I disagree but based on what hiphopfroggy posted it is clear hiphopfroggy values a regional league and academics.

Huh? How does adding tx state value academics. You can’t mix Texas state with Rice and still value academics. Plus I don’t think the froggies put too much attention to that otherwise they would want SMU instead of the other three schools.
Mustangs_Maroons
Heisman

Postby WordUpBU » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:32 pm

First off, I'd rather have SMU join us than UH but nobody asked me.

That said the AAC needs the best football programs and brands available.

Make a run at Boise and whoever you have to take to get them. Easily the best property out there and since the MWC is with FOX/CBS and not ESPN you might see ESPN and Boise motivated to reunite. Boise sued the MWC about the deal and really values ESPN exposure. Is it enough to bolt? You have to find out.

If they come you probably need SDSU as your next best and then AFA. If going west for any other additions I could see CSU as a companion team but nothing more. They built a nice stadium but did nothing athletically for most of the past 20 years.

I think Boise will stay put and getting some combo of Eastern schools is more likely unless ESPN backs up the money truck to get Blue Mountain State back in their late night tv windows.
WordUpBU
All-American

Previous

Return to Football