PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Sonny Dykes to TCU??

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Sonny Dykes to TCU??

Postby Pony64 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:24 pm

mustangxc wrote:There is no such thing as leaving on good terms if you bolt to the rival school.

So true
Pony64
Varsity

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:19 pm

Sonny going to TCU just increases the intensity of the rivalry. He left La Tech for greener pastures and many years later La Tech played maybe their best game of the year against us. It will make beating TCU that much more gratifying
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby TwoTimeGrad » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:58 pm

mustangxc wrote:There is no such thing as leaving on good terms if you bolt to the rival school.

Damn straight.
TwoTimeGrad
Scout Team

Postby Dukie » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:29 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:Sonny going to TCU just increases the intensity of the rivalry. He left La Tech for greener pastures and many years later La Tech played maybe their best game of the year against us. It will make beating TCU that much more gratifying

Will he cancel the series, is my question. It will never be comfortable for him.
Dukie
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:46 pm

Dukie wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:Sonny going to TCU just increases the intensity of the rivalry. He left La Tech for greener pastures and many years later La Tech played maybe their best game of the year against us. It will make beating TCU that much more gratifying

Will he cancel the series, is my question. It will never be comfortable for him.

He wanted to schedule La Tech in part because of relationships there
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Dukie » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:59 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:
Dukie wrote:

He wanted to schedule La Tech in part because of relationships there

La Tech had to understand him leaving for Cal.

This is … different. If all this is true and tomorrow happens, he’ll be booed for the Tulsa game if he shows up (and if SMU lets him show up).
Dukie
Heisman

Postby PlanoStang » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:47 pm

Dukie wrote:

Dukie, you're a TROLL :!: :!: :!: :!:

Like someone who maybe, acording to supposedly reliable sources is going to TCU, can cancel a
80/90/100 year rivalry series :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

CUE THE TCU ALUMNI REVOLT :!: :!:
May the forth be with us.
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Dukie » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:12 pm

PlanoStang wrote:
Dukie wrote:

Like someone who maybe, acording to supposedly reliable sources is going to TCU, can cancel a

Well played on the troll comment. A lot of very definite smoke has come out in recent days, but I should have started with “If this is true, …” And I’m still certain Lifeson’s “WHO’S OUR NEW COACH” thread was premature and irresponsible (and also not conditional).

But yes, he will have a ton of leverage to move TCU towards canceling if he wants to use it. Would it be cowardly and unfair? Sure. But look at the last month.
Dukie
Heisman

Postby GHammond » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:13 pm

Dukie forever demanding that others posts “be taken down!!”, more of a wokie jack [deleted] versus a troll.
GHammond
Varsity

Postby peruna81 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:22 pm

I'm looking forward to Saturday, where we all have a common foe, and not each other...
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PlanoStang » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:33 pm

Dukie wrote:
Dukie wrote:

Well played on the troll comment. A lot of very definite smoke has come out in recent days, but I should have started with “If this is true, …” And I’m still certain Lifeson’s “WHO’S OUR NEW COACH” thread was premature and irresponsible (and also not conditional).

But yes, he will have a ton of leverage to move TCU towards canceling if he wants to use it. Would it be cowardly and unfair? Sure. But look at the last month.

New hires telling you what to do with your 80 - 100 year history :?: Gimme a break :!: :!:
May the forth be with us.
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Dukie » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:37 pm

GHammond wrote:Dukie forever demanding that others posts “be taken down!!”, more of a wokie jack [deleted] versus a troll.

Heh. Earning your petty attempts at insults is definitely an honor, so thanks for that and have a great evening. :-)
Dukie
Heisman

Postby GHammond » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:51 pm

Admins….REMOVE THIS POST!!!
GHammond
Varsity

Postby Dukie » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:01 am

PlanoStang wrote:New hires telling you what to do with your 80 - 100 year history :?: Gimme a break :!: :!:

TCU only ever had 6 “80-100 year” rivals and today they only regularly play two of them (SMU & Baylor). Those ties mean little to nothing next to how a school can best make $$$ today.
Dukie
Heisman

Postby Dukie » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:07 am

GHammond wrote:Admins….REMOVE THIS POST!!!

Heh, you can just delete that one by yourself. If you instead meant to reference mine, maybe pick between whining at me and trying to emulate me? Doing both is silly. And I never asked “Mods” to do anything—Lifeson could have reconsidered all on his own.

Have a great day! :-)
Dukie
Heisman

PreviousNext

Return to Football