PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

TCU Rivalry

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: TCU Rivalry

Postby Terry Webster » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:20 am

okcponyfan wrote:For this year 1 thing i would do is implement the ticket policy OSU has during bedlam. Do not sell single game tickets to the Iron Skillet. If you want a ticket to that game either make the person buy a 3 ticket pack or a full season ticket. If you want to go to Bedlam game in stillwater, you either have to get it from OU's ticket allotment or buy a season ticket package for all the games.

I believe Iowa state does this for the Iowa game as well.

This past week the Cincinnati police threatened to 'arrest' any Bengal ticket holder who sold a ticket to a Steeler fan for the game.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby MV pony » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:34 am

deepellumfrog wrote:
MV pony wrote:Yeah, we're heading for the SEC. TCU still so boring that you are on this message board?

I've been on this message board for 15 years. Mountain West could probably use you guysd

15 years on another school's board screams envy, low self-esteem, no life and/or you're a jerk. But you are right about the MWC. If SMU ever wants to join the Pac 12, it needs to play in the MWC. Get known on the West coast. Join in conjunction with the next MWC TV deal.

Now go back to froggie land and plunk your magic twanger froggie!
MV pony
All-American

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:54 pm

Everyone assumes that because TCU now has Dykes and Samp and are in the Big XII they will smoke SMU in recruiting. Time will tell and there will always be the "Dallas vs Ft Worth" factor. NIL might be a huge factor and if SMU is competing for championships in the AAC while TCU is a middle of the pack Big XII team, who knows? I just hope the rivalry remains as competitive as it has become once again after SMU languished so long from the death penalty.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMUvet » Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:20 pm

deepellumfrog is totally the problem here :roll:

The amount of butthurt on the boards is amazing. TCU didn't do anything wrong. Sonny did, IMO, bc he tanked half our season. He should have just jumped. Instead, he extended the process and was tanking our recruiting class on SMU's dime.
SMUvet
Scout Team

Postby Water Pony » Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:17 am

SMUvet,

Thank you for your service. When I was in the Navy (Destroyers = Greyhounds of the Fleet), the ships were wooden and had sails. I like the fact you were a Rescue Swimmer. Did you swim at SMU?
Pony Up
Water Pony

Postby GHammond » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:41 am

Still trying to figure out how we beat the toads 15 years in a row?!?
GHammond
Varsity

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:44 am

GHammond wrote:Still trying to figure out how we beat the toads 15 years in a row?!?

We were meeting a payroll for several of those years. Of course, TCU was as well but they weren't very good at it.
Charleston Pony

Postby Arpony » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:56 am

I remember a noted sportswriter remarking on another year when we beat the Toads saying: "There may be a linebacker in college football that can run with Craig James, but he doesn't play for TCU!"
Arpony

Postby Oldmins » Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:33 pm

Arpony wrote:I remember a noted sportswriter remarking on another year when we beat the Toads saying: "There may be a linebacker in college football that can run with Craig James, but he doesn't play for TCU!"

Hadn't heard the name Craig James in a while. He's the one that had something to do with dead hookers, wasn't he? Can't remember just what.
Oldmins
Varsity

Postby Arkpony » Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:59 pm

Oldmins wrote:
Arpony wrote:I remember a noted sportswriter remarking on another year when we beat the Toads saying: "There may be a linebacker in college football that can run with Craig James, but he doesn't play for TCU!"

Hadn't heard the name Craig James in a while. He's the one that had something to do with dead hookers, wasn't he? Can't remember just what.

Why on earth would you say that???
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby mrydel » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:01 pm

Oldmins is a frog who disrespects his SMU wife by trolling the board.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Arkpony » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:44 pm

Well, he is also a jerk.
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby orguy » Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:13 pm

At the end of the day not much has changed off the field ( if at all ). TCwho? is still an overpriced dump of a college with ugly colors and numerous heffers grazing its grounds :lol:
orguy
All-American

Postby SMU Pom Mom » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:08 pm

mrydel wrote:Oldmins is a frog who disrespects his SMU wife by trolling the board.

Wait, what? When I pointed out recently how gratified I was that when someone posted a racist comment here ponyfans did not tolerate it, and contrasted this with the people who post on TCU's site who respond to racist posts with more racist posts, now you are telling me that the racist poster is actually a TCU alum? Why am I not surprised? So proud of you guys for calling him out.
SMU Pom Mom
All-American

Previous

Return to Football