PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Shake Milton

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Shake Milton

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:03 pm

Haven't been following him as closely in the late season but it's playoff time now and Sixers with the Harden trade have tried to position themselves to make a run this year. In their opening 131-111 win against Toronto, Shake gave the Sixers some valuable minutes (14) off the bench and scored 10 points on 3-4 FGs (1-1 from three), 3-3 FTs and added 1 rebound, 1 steal and 2 assists
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Shake Milton

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:47 am

That’s a very solid and deep team. I like their chances. I also like watching Maxey. Seeing him always reminds me of one Jank’s biggest bozo moves.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:07 am

sadderbudweiser wrote:That’s a very solid and deep team. I like their chances. I also like watching Maxey. Seeing him always reminds me of one Jank’s biggest bozo moves.

Jank actually made the effort and offered Dad a job on his staff but ultimately he was not L.B. Just imagine what might have happened if the Larry Brown era had not been interrupted. Maxey, Timme, etc...there has been plenty of DFW area talent to turn SMU into a Final Four contender if they had chosen to stay home and play for a HOF coach
Charleston Pony

Postby PonyFan » Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:47 pm

Looking forward to seeing Sterling Brown match up with Shake Milton in the Dallas/Philly final.
"What kind of weirdo school are they running over there in Fort Worth?"
- Randy Galloway
ESPN Radio (103.3 FM)
PonyFan
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri May 13, 2022 7:15 am

Shake played well as his Sixers were eliminated by Miami last night. In 28 minutes, he scored 15 points on 6-8 FGs including 3-4 threes, adding 3 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals and a blocked shot while committing no turnovers

Sure hope Lanier can recruit another guard of Shake's caliber at some point. He's a guy who could have a long NBA career
Charleston Pony

Postby SoCal_Pony » Fri May 13, 2022 10:54 am

sadderbudweiser wrote:That’s a very solid and deep team. I like their chances. I also like watching Maxey. Seeing him always reminds me of one Jank’s biggest bozo moves.

Bad move by Cuban as well. Josh Green has been nonexistent in this soon to be 7 game series, has he even scored 1 point?????
SoCal_Pony

Postby SoCal_Pony » Fri May 13, 2022 11:00 am

Charleston Pony wrote:Just imagine what might have happened if the Larry Brown era had not been interrupted. Maxey, Timme, etc...there has been plenty of DFW area talent to turn SMU into a Final Four contender if they had chosen to stay home and play for a HOF coach

Yeah, i think about that occasionally, and I blame Hart much more than LB.

I think we missed out on at least 4 additional years of Moody Magic.
SoCal_Pony

Postby Arkpony » Fri May 13, 2022 1:30 pm

Agreed! Hart’s handling of LB and the reseat were disasters for SMU basketball.
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby Dark Horse » Sat May 14, 2022 10:04 am

Why -- because we wanted even more sanctions/probation? LB is a brilliant coach but has cheated everywhere he has been. For all his accolades, he won a many NCAA tournament games as Jankovich: 0.
I'm ready to see what Lanier can do.

Good luck to Sterling Brown and the Mavs.
Dark Horse
All-American

Postby Kevant103 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:28 am

always knew shake would translate to NBA even if it became an off ball 3 and D guy cos he was so versatile but glad he has become a manu like 6th man and has the ball in his hands. only given a chance due to sixers not being able to draft PGs haha
Kevant103

Postby PonyTime » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:48 pm

Dark Horse wrote:Why -- because we wanted even more sanctions/probation? LB is a brilliant coach but has cheated everywhere he has been. For all his accolades, he won a many NCAA tournament games as Jankovich: 0.
I'm ready to see what Lanier can do.

Good luck to Sterling Brown and the Mavs.

Please don't try to compare the two.

LB and his brand of basketball with his players were on a completely different level than what Jank put on. If you don't know that, you weren't there to see the games against MI, Gonzaga, UConn, etc at Moody. The games weren't even close.

I think all who support Larry on here agree that the situation should have been handled by supporting LB and fighting the NCAAs - just as UNC, Louisville, Syracuse, Kansas, etc all do regularly when they do 10x the cheating as what Larry did at SMU.
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Return to Basketball