PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

New guards

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

New guards

Postby PonyPride » Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:37 am

Someone already posted about Jefferson Koulibaly from Washington State. His bio on wsucougars.com:

POSITION Guard
CLASS Redshirt Freshman
HOMETOWN LaSalle Montreal, Quebec
LETTERS 1
HIGHSCHOOL Lincoln Prep
HEIGHT 6-3
WEIGHT 185

SOPHOMORE (2021-22) – Battled injury all season long before leaving the team in February ... played in 16 games averaging 2.6 ppg and 0.9 rpg ... scored a career high in his first collegiate game netting 13 points in 18 minutes (adding 3 rebounds and 3 assists) against Alcorn State Nov. 9.

FRESHMAN (2020-21) – Medically redshirted the season.

HIGH SCHOOL – Reclassified to the 2020 class to enter the college ranks a season ahead of schedule ... as a senior at Lincoln Prep named the 2019-20 Ontario Scholastic Basketball Association Most Valuable Player after leading the league in scoring at 27.9 points while also averaging 10.4 rebounds, 5.6 assists and 2.5 steals per game earning team and province player of the year for his performance ... was a four-time player of the month winning the award four-straight months from October through January and led his team to the final eight in tournament play for the first time in program history ... earned him the All-Canadian Player of the Year as voted on at the Signature All-Canadian Showcase, the premier high school All-Star event for Canadian seniors ... in addition to his high school resume, has been active in the Canadian youth national system including playing at the FIBA U16 Americas Championship in 2017 averaging 5.2 points in just over 13 minutes per game.

It appears SMU also has added guard Jackson Young, a 2021-22 redshirt freshman at Hawai'i Pacific:
6-2 / 190
Kerrville (Tivy), Texas
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: New guards

Postby Topper » Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:40 pm

Jackson was a walk-on at Texas A&M out of high school. Will he be on scholarship at SMU? I thought we were at our limit.
Topper
Hall of Famer

Postby Otto » Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:30 pm

I'm guessing walk-on, but don't know
I really shouldn't drink and type.
Otto
Heisman

Postby JasonB » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:47 am

we are at our limit, so yes, walk on
JasonB