PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Here in the Belly of the Beast - aka Twerps

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Here in the Belly of the Beast - aka Twerps

Postby GHammond » Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:49 am

Ran around in the College Park area yesterday and last night. Nice campus that obviously reflects a well financed institution. Stadium looks cool, not huge, but nice. College Park is a bit rough, not what we expected. We even had a local advise us not to wander to far off of the main drag. Reminded me of the areas around UH or Memphis, somewhere in between those two. Stumbled in a local college kid hangout / sports bar - Looney’s Pub. None of the handful of students I talked to knew who the Twerps were playing and none were going - pretty typical, I don’t know? Earlier in the day some older guy was talking some minor trash - hit him with the proverbial “…is it the Twerps or the Terps?” He was mildly amused and made a snide comment about Texas so I followed up with “is Maryland a two year school or a four year school (acting like I really didn’t know..)”, his wife busted out laughing as he looked irritated…so, doing my best to be friendly and snarky all at the same time. Weather will be gorgeous, we will have our hands full, but remain bullish that our play makers make plays and we pull this thing out. PonyUP! #BringHomeAWinner
GHammond
Varsity

Re: Here in the Belly of the Beast - aka Twerps

Postby Terry Webster » Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:34 am

I drove onto campus this morning and I am not sure I would t be better off walking even though it is a couple of miles. Kind of a mess with all of the construction.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Return to Football