PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Maryland Game Thread

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Maryland Game Thread

Postby SoCal_Pony » Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:31 am

In the B10 East, IMO Maryland is clearly behind

Ohio St
Michigan
Penn St
Michigan St

That's 5th place in a 7 team division. Sounds rather mediocre to me. I guess we'll find out more in the next 2 weeks when they play Michigan and Michigan State, while we play TCU and UCF.
SoCal_Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Ikus » Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:13 pm

CBpony wrote:Mordecai is the type of QB where everything he throws you have to hold your breath.

Yeah, I hate having a quarterback who sets conference records in his first season and has a chance to own some of the program career records in his second. :roll:
Ikus
Heisman

Postby Ikus » Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:24 pm

CBpony wrote:This was a must win game in this day and age of shifting conferences. Haskins cost us 30 mil plus a year

As long as emotional reactions don't get in the way of rational thought. Maryland ran for 225 yards last night. How many of those came when your walk-on backup tight end was on the field?

CBpony wrote:The sad part about this is Maryland is a 7-6 team at best. They gave the game to us. But bad zone reads and throws gave this game away. Tanner isn’t clutch, and our defense is atrocious

No, the defense is depleted. Still gave up barely half as many first downs (16, compared to 30 for SMU). Maryland has a big, strong offensive line and wore down our defense. That was the game. Sure didn't help that Kerley and Massey went out, too.

CBpony wrote:Would like to see what Preston Stone can do for the rest of the season

Mordecai set the conference record for TD passes last year, has thrown 10 in 3 games this year (only one behind conference leader), and you want to sit him? We all see a lot of potential in Stone, but for the moment, Mordecai is still the guy.
Ikus
Heisman

Postby smubrooks » Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:48 pm

This loss sucks because we didn’t get beat, we blew it. The two TEs [deleted] us on INTs, the defense looked great in the first qtr/half but their WRs were wide open in the 2nd half. TM looked a little nervous at times, but he’s earned the benefit of the doubt. Our offensive play calls seemed to have shifted a bit in the 2nd half and didn’t benefit us. I’ll be the first to say Stone is my favorite player, but the backup QB is always the most popular… I’d like to see a lot more of Camar!!!

Regardless, beat the [deleted] out of tcu, win the conference, and all is right in the world!!!
Pony Up!
smubrooks
All-American

Previous

Return to Football