PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

GT vs NCSU on ESPN tonight.

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

GT vs NCSU on ESPN tonight.

Postby smudad » Thu Sep 21, 2000 9:21 am

I want to see these guys one more time. I'm not sure they're not the sleeper in the ACC; especially if the freshman QB continues to perform. Might make us feel a little better about 41-0.
Long live Thomas Sowell!
smudad
Varsity

Re: GT vs NCSU on ESPN tonight.

Postby ALL4SMU » Thu Sep 21, 2000 11:31 am

I could not agree with your more. That freshman quarterback is a true stud. He is really going to be something special. Granted they have yet to play a really good team (sorry guys, we are not a real good team....yet). Besides us, they have played Indiana and Arkansas State. Neither of those two teams are really good.

This week will be a good test against another really good ACC opponet(sp). Tech only lost by 5 points to florida state, so they can play with the big boys. I will be watching! Go Wolfpack!
\"Show me a happy and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure.\"- Knute Rockne
ALL4SMU
Varsity

Postby SMUPonyFan » Thu Sep 21, 2000 1:08 pm

I think NC State is a very good team. GT will be their first true test. I hope NC State makes SMU look good tonight.

NC State will be a very strong team if they keep a good WR squad with Rivers. Wow, what a QB!

------------------
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
SMUPonyFan
Varsity

Postby Wolf » Fri Sep 22, 2000 11:25 am

Thanks 'Stangers!!!! We did enjoy that GT game last night! Fortunately, the game ball of the second half last night should be given the entire team.

GOOD LUCK this weekend w/ Tulane. You still have a long season to go... get it done!!!

-Wolf
Wolf

Postby THE ROCK » Fri Sep 22, 2000 1:02 pm

N.C. STATE REALLY PLAYED WELL. AFTER THE FIRST QUARTER, I THOUGHT THEY WERE GOING TO GET KILLED....IN FACT, I THOUGHT THEY WERE GOING TO GET KILLED UP UNTIL HALF TIME. THEN IN THE SECOND HALF THEY WERE A DIFFERENT TEAM, AND THEY ENDED UP BEATING A PRETTY GOOD GEORGIA TECH TEAM, WHOSE ONLY OTHER LOSS WAS TO FLORIDA STATE.

WAY TO GO WOLFPACK!
CAN YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKIN'?
THE ROCK
Scout Team

Return to Football