PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Josh McCown

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Josh McCown

Postby ALL4SMU » Sun Oct 08, 2000 5:40 pm

I don't know if you read these bulletin boards or not, but in case you do, I thought I would use this time say a few things.

I admire you since of responsibility. It takes a big man to say the things you said in the press confrence. However, I think you are the man. Keep your head up, and try to not less this shake your confidence. There are a lot of people more to blame than you.

Keep playing hard, and things will work out.
\"Show me a happy and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure.\"- Knute Rockne
ALL4SMU
Varsity

Re: Josh McCown

Postby ole jim » Sun Oct 08, 2000 5:54 pm

AMEN.
ole jim
Recruit

Postby MustangMom » Mon Oct 09, 2000 12:26 am

Josh,

I agree with All4SMU! You have a lot of talent. Hang in there. I am rooting for you!!

Take each game as it comes. Forget the last game - Beat Hawaii.

------------------
Go Mustangs!!
-MustangMom
Go Mustangs!!<BR>-MustangMom
MustangMom
Junior Varsity

Postby SMUguy » Mon Oct 09, 2000 12:37 pm

Couldn't agree more. McCown has had some rough moments this season -- just like the rest of the team. But he's head and shoulders about the other QB's and still will lead the Mustangs to a lot more wins before he graduates next year.

Keep up your hard work, Josh. We're all behind you, and the work will pay off.
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."
"Hit it."
SMUguy
Heisman

Postby TWU1890 » Mon Oct 09, 2000 4:05 pm

I do not think it a lack of athletic ability hurting Josh. I have overheard many players brag about the athleticism of Josh McCown as well as express their admiration for taking the hits, both on and off the field, that he takes. What I feel is hurting Josh and in turn the Mustangs is a lack of confidence. Teh season is starting to progress and so are the tribulations. The indecisive nature of the team is killing themselves. Holding that ball one second too long or taking an unnecessary stutter step while running the routes are what is costing the game. It is unfortunate for an quaterback that they are the hub of the team. The quarterback takes all the glory and all the blame. As for SMU there has been little glory. If the quaterback begins doubting himself the team suffers and the team doubts themselves. I know Josh can get it done, he just isn't. So I say to Josh, F$#@ the Fans and dump your doubts and get it done.
TWU1890

Return to Football