PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Hawaii Preview is up

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Hawaii Preview is up

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 13, 2000 2:20 pm

Click on the link on the left side of the page, or click here <A HREF="http://www.ponyfans.com/football/games/hawaii2000" TARGET=_blank>www.ponyfans.com/football/games/hawaii2000</A>

Re: Hawaii Preview is up

Postby tanuki » Fri Oct 13, 2000 10:55 pm

The preview is basically correct with the exception of this part about the running game:
"The team’s top two ground-gainers, Avion Weaver and James Fenderson, each average under 30 yards per game, although in Weaver’s and Fenderson’s defense, part of the Warriors’ rushing ineptitude can be attributed to the fact that Hawaii often falls behind and therefore must take to the air"

First Fenderson is not one of the two top ground-gainers. He is the 3rd string RB and played in just one game this year, TCU, where he gained 107 yards on 12 carries. (not 30 ypg)
Second Hawaii relies on passing and "takes to the air first, last and always.
tanuki

Postby Big D » Fri Oct 13, 2000 11:19 pm

Don't take offense, Tanuki. This is a positive posting board. There was no offense intended. We are both struggling, and in much need of a win. All information is appreciated, and welcomed. Good luck to both of us, I wish we could get a double win on saturday, to help both teams, but we know that's not possible. Good luck!
Big D
Scout Team

Postby tanuki » Sat Oct 14, 2000 2:13 am

No offense taken.
Just trying to staighten out the facts.
If you check the WFF or even Mustang Maniacs, you will see that I neither take offense nor flame. Like I said in a related post, I hope for a close game, well played, with no injuries.
I've always respected SMU. I am old enough to remember your glory days with the Pony Express and Eric D.
My smiley face has sunglasses because I believe that the future is bright!
tanuki

Postby Big D » Sun Oct 15, 2000 8:05 pm

You're a clss dude, Tanuki, and always welcome on our board. Best of luck to ya'll the rest of the season!!
Big D
Scout Team

Return to Football