PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Jarrian James?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Jarrian James?

Postby Jason » Thu Oct 26, 2000 1:30 pm

If you listen to rana Cash on the dallas morning news online edition, she states that Viloria is being moved back to the center, and James will start? Anyone know much about this?
Jason
Recruit

Re: Jarrian James?

Postby ponytalk » Thu Oct 26, 2000 1:44 pm

All I know about Jerrian James is that he is a hard hitter and a true freshman. Where does this put Bischoff and DD? If this is true, it looks like--once agian--SMU is going to play another true freshman. Is it worth it and will it work? We will see.
ponytalk
Varsity

Postby Jason » Thu Oct 26, 2000 2:27 pm

Jarrian would play outside, Viloria moves inside to replace Riley, and Bichoff stays... That is my understanding.
Jason
Recruit

Postby SMUPonyFan » Thu Oct 26, 2000 2:50 pm

Corey Riley needs to be playing, starting I mean. He is good. Did he mess up or something, he was starting at the begining of the year.
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
SMUPonyFan
Varsity

Postby Horseshoe » Fri Oct 27, 2000 12:40 pm

Agreed - Riley should be starting, as should Viloria, of course. But if J.James is fast and can hit, he should be in there, too. I know we all like Bischoff, who has been a pleasant surprise, but I think he would make a better sub than starter.
Horseshoe
All-American

Postby ponytalk » Thu Nov 09, 2000 2:58 pm

James had a great game against Nevada, but they were terrible. I do not even remember seeing him at Rice. Was he there? Did he play? Did he play well? Was he just a one game wonder. Seems like the same thing with Moodley.
ponytalk
Varsity

Postby Horseshoe » Thu Nov 09, 2000 4:20 pm

Corey Riley and Jarrian James are starting at outside linenacker. Cavan said the two of them and Vic Viloria in the middle make up the Mustangs' best trio of linebackers, and need to be on the field.
Horseshoe
All-American

Return to Football