PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

TCU

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

TCU

Postby SMUPonyFan » Thu Nov 09, 2000 12:45 pm

If Rice had 300 yards on the ground against us with the option, what will TCU do to us. LT might set another record. If we want to compete against TCU, we cannot have one turnover. Image
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
SMUPonyFan
Varsity

Re: TCU

Postby ponytalk » Thu Nov 09, 2000 2:45 pm

I don't think the TCU game will be very much fun. Ford will probably be sold out, 30,000 TCU fans against 2,000 SMU fans. They are likely to slaughter us. Yes, anything can happen in a big rivalry game like SMU/TCU, and yes TCU beat us when they were 0-10, and yes they kept us from going to a bowl, BUT...
we were not a top 20 team with a (shouldn't be) Heisman canidate. I hate to be a pesimist, but it is not going to be pretty.

PS: I don't think LT will break his rushing record, if that is what you are talking about.

[This message has been edited by ponytalk (edited 11-09-2000).]
ponytalk
Varsity

Postby Corso » Thu Nov 09, 2000 5:56 pm

Not so fast my friends!

I'm not saying we'll beat the little froggies - I don't think we will. But my gut tells me that we will not get embarrassed.

My early prediction: LT runs for 112 yards and a pair of TD's. Final score: TCU 27, SMU 17.
Corso
Hall of Famer

Postby smudad » Fri Nov 10, 2000 2:25 pm

Further, TCU is not drawing that well at home. And that was before they lost. The Ft. Worth Star Telegram ran a piece in the paper last week wondering in print what was wrong with attendance and what could be done about it. It sounded more like a commentary on SMU and the state of our program than on Natl. Champ contender TCU. They'll be there in fairly large numbers. But don't expect it to be overwhelming. And they have two very tough ballgames before us. Another loss would really kill their spirit.
Long live Thomas Sowell!
smudad
Varsity

Postby ponytalk » Tue Nov 14, 2000 1:45 pm

Well, then the TCU/SMU game might be played infront of 10,000 or less. It would not surprise me.
ponytalk
Varsity

Return to Football