PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

John Hampton's Brother

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

John Hampton's Brother

Postby SMUPonyFan » Fri Dec 01, 2000 6:39 pm

Here is an article on Trinity U. John Hampton's brother is the QB for them. He has helped take them where they are today. I wouldn't mind seeing him in Blue and Red.
<A HREF="http://www.startext.net/news/doc/1047/1:COLLEGES54/1:COLLEGES541130100.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.startext.net/news/doc/1047/1:COLLEGES54/1:COLLEGES541130100.html</A>

------------------
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
SMUPonyFan
Varsity

Re: John Hampton's Brother

Postby jettison » Sat Dec 02, 2000 2:46 am

Well, now you know why the Hampton family (mostly just the parents) always appears so delusional and tired and weary.. they are travelling all over the friggin country in the rather "geographically inconvenient" conferences that 2 of their 4 rather handsome sons play in. (ha!) It would've been nice had they played at the same school!

In anycase, we're all geared up for the trip to Abilene (closest road game of the year) for what should be a dandy!
jettison
Junior Varsity

Postby PerunaPunch » Tue Dec 05, 2000 12:00 pm

HA!! No wonder Hampton is such a reliable receiver. Poor kid probably had to catch a zillion balls growing up wiith a brother like that.
"It's a couple hundred million dollars. I'm not losing sleep over it." -- David Miller
PerunaPunch
Hall of Famer

Postby TWU1890 » Tue Dec 05, 2000 3:17 pm

Having some ties to both Trinity and SMU I was fortunate to catch some of Trinity games this year. While watching Hampton's older brother, I am amazed by the athletism of the family. I think it would have made a great human interest story if both Hampton Boys played for SMU, though the older Hampton was probably never even considered due to his size. Though in my book he is one of the best QB I have seen play the game at any level. I just want to say congratulations to the Hamton Boys four succesful seasons and good luck next year on having your seasons extended.
TWU1890

Postby Hotel California » Fri Dec 08, 2000 3:09 pm

Does he have any intrest in coming to SMU
Hotel California
Recruit

Postby SMUPonyFan » Fri Dec 08, 2000 4:13 pm

Jettison, could you answer this? Let him know, he is welcome to put on the blue!

------------------
SMUPonyFan
Varsity

Return to Football