PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Matt McKinney

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Matt McKinney

Postby THE ROCK » Fri Dec 08, 2000 3:03 pm

Does anyoen knwo why Matt is not going to play football in college. From what I heard, he commited to SMU in order to run track...well actually throw the shot and discuss....Anyway, does anyone know why he won't play football? I have heard that he is one hell of an athlete!
CAN YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKIN'?
THE ROCK
Scout Team

Re: Matt McKinney

Postby SMUPonyFan » Fri Dec 08, 2000 4:15 pm

Everything I have heard says he is just doing track. Maybe his brother will talk him into playing!

------------------
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
SMUPonyFan
Varsity

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 08, 2000 10:55 pm

I don't know if it is the reason and it probably isn't but I know Cavan has never been a big fan of the guys doing any other sport rather than football.

Postby ponytalk » Fri Dec 08, 2000 11:01 pm

I have heard that too, but KG did track and Lute Croy is a thrower.

------------------
ponytalk
Varsity

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 08, 2000 11:49 pm

You are definently right ponytalk and I know it does happen but I know others have tried to do it in the past and he put the stop to that. I think he lets these two guys do it because he has no choice. Lute's biggest reason to come here was so he could throw and play football. If he tried to stop him or even KG he might have a possible problem with them and their commitment to football. Who knows?

Postby kangaroo » Sat Dec 09, 2000 1:46 am

Cavan's attitude is a little frustrating. On the great teams of the 80's we had a number of players who participated in track. A few sprinters would help both programs.
kangaroo

Postby ALL4SMU » Mon Dec 11, 2000 5:21 pm

I don't think that this is so much Cavan as it is Matt's choice to concentrate on track. I think it is track that he really loves, and from what I heard, he has a chance at the Olympics in 2004. I can't blame him. Best of luck Matt, and welcome to SMU.
\"Show me a happy and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure.\"- Knute Rockne
ALL4SMU
Varsity

Return to Football