PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Luker question?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Luker question?

Postby SMUPonyFan » Fri Dec 08, 2000 4:28 pm

I really did not get to see much of Luker his freshman year. I know he was a hoss in high school, but this is NCAA.

Question..For those that saw him play his freshman year, how did he look? Was he mobile? How did his arm look? Where his decisions good? Is he better than Page, who I think is pretty decent?

I saw him in practice this year and he looked like he did not care and his arm looked bad, not to mention he looked like he put on some serious weight, not muscle either.

Thanks in advance?

------------------
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
SMUPonyFan
Varsity

Re: Luker question?

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 08, 2000 4:39 pm

I think Kelan has the ability to be a good quarterback. He is very calm on the field, at least he was his freshman year. As long as he dedicates himself to wanting be the number 1 guy, I don't see why he can't get the job done. Only time will tell.

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 08, 2000 6:43 pm

BHo78, why did you not make your name Burman, I just thought about that. I definently agree with your assesment of Luker. My high school is in the same district as Stephenville and one of my long time friends if the offensive co. for my school and he says Luker is unbelievable. I believe all Kelan will have to do is realize he is the man now and really get down to it. If he does this, watch out, it could be really pretty.

Long live the fat kids!!!

Postby MustangFan » Fri Dec 08, 2000 8:01 pm

StangLover, I hope you're right when you say that with some hard work, Luker could be good. Because I agree with PonyFanMan -- based on what we saw in practice, Luker has added a spare tire on the gut, is frighteningly slow and all reports indicate he's lazy.

Kelan, prove me wrong! Run until you drop between now and August to be in great shape when you get here. Show all PonyFans why you were such a monster in High School.
MustangFan
All-American

Postby SMUPonyFan » Fri Dec 08, 2000 10:15 pm

Wait a sec Mustang Man, that was me who said that about Kelan gaining weight. I am SMUPonyFan, not PonyFanMan. Don't worry, you are not the first to make that mistake.

Kelan looked like he got strong in the spring, but fat this fall. I hope he looses that fat and finds that muscle. We will re-evaluate him this spring.

Good to see what an O-lineman who blocked for him thinks of him. Thanks for the opinion Bho78!

------------------
SMUPonyFan
Varsity

Return to Football