PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Don Stansbury

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Don Stansbury

Postby Ponymon » Mon Jan 15, 2001 12:40 am

Stansbury is listed by Superprep's preseason magazine as the 85th best player in Texas. He is listed at 6'1", 198 lbs, and runs a 4.7 forty. "The youngest of the three Stansbury brothers may be the best, according to coaches in El Paso. Oldest brother Hal just graduated from UTEP, and middle son Ed plays for UCLA. "I'm a head hunter," he says. He led the Rockets last year ('99) with 81 tackles/3 picks; caught 22 passes/349 yards/3 TDs. Favors Texas (Dad's pref) big over UCLA, SMU, Bay, and KU (first to offer in May). Also had an offer from NMS (camp). 3.0/840." He is also listed in the top 300 prospects by TEXAS Fooball.
Ponymon
PonyFans.com Legend

Re: Don Stansbury

Postby Recruiting Guru » Mon Jan 15, 2001 1:26 pm

If he's anywhere near as good as his brother Ed, we're in great shape, although I'd like to see him drop that 4.7 a little.
Recruiting Guru
Varsity

Re: Don Stansbury

Postby PonyExpress » Tue Jan 23, 2001 6:09 pm

Very little has been written about this guy, but from what I hear he just might be the surprise jewel of the recruiting class. A friend has seen him play and says he's a lot like Raymon Brown.
PonyExpress
Junior Varsity

Return to Football