PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Discussions on 'realigment board' .....

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Discussions on 'realigment board' .....

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 18, 2001 6:33 pm

interesting talk....i think its way off base but if it did happen it would present some interesting scenarios, many i don't care for but it does goes back to our 'being unprepared' over the past 10 yrs with our policies which have lead to our current predicament ... how's that for being wordy???

what's scary is how we are NOW being viewed by others...which goes to show these mindless ones why a conference affiliation is not only important to athletics but more so for academics...

how many 'studies' are we going to have to do to prove this???????

just got home from church & this is the last thing i need to be worrying about - oh well...

hope the link works.

<A HREF="http://www.insidetheweb.com/mbs.cgi/mb153950" TARGET=_blank>http://www.insidetheweb.com/mbs.cgi/mb153950</A>

[This message has been edited by L. A. Mustang (edited 02-18-2001).]

Re: Discussions on 'realigment board' .....

Postby ponytalk » Tue Feb 20, 2001 1:13 pm

That would not be good. Fresno is a great school for bball and football. TCU, then FSU, that would take away the two top teams in the WAC.

I think that is also off base, just a rumor.

I would love to see a SWC again. Us, TCU, Baylor, Rice, Tulsa, OSU, Tulane, and more, but mainly Texas area school, with one or two outside Ok, TX, or La.
ponytalk
Varsity

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 20, 2001 10:40 pm

good point...however, i don't see baylor leaving - they would defintitely need their head examined.....but i do see, hopefully, maybe, possibility, or whatever, us joining the 'western' c-usa as the most likely (if c-usa crumbles) but as a really long shot, very long - in fact, of us joining the big 12 if they lose some member(s) to the big 10, but i can't see anything else happening...

these are crazy but if the dominos begin to fall & vandy gets kicked out or elects to drop from the sec - rumors, of course, from this past summer by a nashville banner article from their pres, gee, (magnolia conference) or something happens to duke, wake or whoever in the acc - very long shot)

should be interesting - however!!!!

------------------

Postby Bballer » Wed Feb 21, 2001 12:24 am

I would love to see us in the Big XII. I have heard rumors every now and then that UT and A&M wants out, and so does Missouri. I would like to see a WAC/Big 12 merger, becoming a stronger WAC and a weaker Big 12. This is where we could fit in. If this could happen in 3-4 years, we might be able to truly compete in this with teams like OSU, Vandy, Rice, Tulane, TCU, Baylor, UTEP, Fresno, Tulsa, etc. That would be cool.

I think in the next 3-5 years there will be a huge realignment. It is inevitable. I just hope we don't get screwed in this one like we did the last one.

------------------
Ponies to the NCAA Tourney in 2002!
Ponies to the NCAA Tourney in 2002!
Bballer
Junior Varsity

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 21, 2001 12:46 am

do u really think a$m & tu want out???

realistically

are those rumors really grounded....i don't hear anything here on the left coast...thanx in advance!

------------------

Return to Football