PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Strength Coach

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Strength Coach

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 20, 2001 3:50 pm

Has anyone heard anything on the hiring of the new strength coach?? Is it going to be Cavans pick? What kind of strength coach do we need now??

Re: Strength Coach

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Mar 20, 2001 9:56 pm

I thought I'd read earlier that there would be no replacement (budget being what it is).
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby D » Wed Mar 21, 2001 11:31 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Charleston Pony:
<B>I thought I'd read earlier that there would be no replacement (budget being what it is).</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope you are kidding.
D
Varsity

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Mar 21, 2001 9:27 pm

not kidding at all. Thought I read the weight program was going to be taken over by and monitored by the assistants already on board. I could be wrong. Don't remember where I read this.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 22, 2001 9:23 am

I checked ths SMU website under employment and they are advertising for a Head Strength Coach.

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 22, 2001 10:56 pm

I hope they are because what they are doing right now is not supposed to happen. This is not high school. People who administer a strength and conditioning program have to be certified by the Strength and Conditioning Association and well, these football coaches are not. Possible grounds for legal matters? We will see because there have been things happen that could warrant such an activity. Good job coaches!!!!

Return to Football