PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

O-Line

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

O-Line

Postby okienole3 » Mon Mar 26, 2001 2:16 pm

I am up in Norman and I don't get much Pony information. Can anyone tell me how my boy Judson Davis is doing? He has been slowed big time by some injuries, but I saw him a couple of weeks agon and the boy is getting big. I hope he can stay healthy and get some PT this season. Thanks for any info.
JUD THE STUD RULES
okienole3

Re: O-Line

Postby ponytalk » Mon Mar 26, 2001 2:53 pm

I don't have too much info on him, but I will watch him for you at the next practice I go to. Someone told me that he was successful in the weight room this Spring, which is great! I hope he really surprises everyone this spring...depth at O-line is a good thing!
ponytalk
Varsity

Postby okienole3 » Mon Mar 26, 2001 10:12 pm

Thanks Ponytalk keep me updated. If anyone has pictures of Spring Practice I'd like to see those as well. I believe that he is #73 drop me a line okienole3@yahoo.com

------------------
JUD THE STUD RULES
JUD THE STUD RULES
okienole3

Postby Corso » Tue Mar 27, 2001 1:24 pm

I thought Judson Davis' injuries had ended his career. Are you saying that's not the case?
Corso
Hall of Famer

Postby Hilltopper » Tue Mar 27, 2001 9:06 pm

I'm more interested in watching the tackle battle between Sterling Harris and Townsend Hargis. We all know Sterling is huge, but from what I've been reading, Hargis will go to war on every play. We need the whole line to play like that.
Hilltopper
All-American

Postby okienole3 » Wed Mar 28, 2001 12:57 pm

Corso-

Jud The Stud in back in the saddle. His career has been injury plagued, but I believe he will make some noise this year.

------------------
JUD THE STUD RULES
JUD THE STUD RULES
okienole3

Postby Vitale » Wed Mar 28, 2001 3:52 pm

How big/strong is Judson Davis? Anyone know if he's more of a pass-blocker or run-blocker, or what his best assets are?
Vitale
All-American

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 28, 2001 4:57 pm

Judson has some very good upper body strength or at least he use to and I assume he still does. His lower body always was lacking but I believe it is more due to all of his injuries and not being able to push it very much. I believe his biggest asset is that he is smart and that is crucial at this position contrary to everyone's beliefs. Once again, his injuries have prevented him from showing if he is much of a run or pass blocker because he simply has not been on the field that much at SMU. Hopefully that will all change and he can help contribute to this position that needs some help.

Return to Football