PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

sept 22 football game

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

sept 22 football game

Postby REDWOLF » Wed Mar 28, 2001 1:12 pm

i know it might seem a little early, but i am a big NC State fan and i'm begginning to make travel plans for the upcoming football season. i will be there for our match up with SMU and i am looking for info on the stadium (seating charts, capacity, location, etc.), nearby hotels, and suggestions for good places to eat and drink. any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

btw, i would also appreciate a Mustang victory over the Tar Heels the week before my visit
GO WOLFPACK!

------------------
KEVIN REVELS
KEVIN REVELS
REDWOLF

Re: sept 22 football game

Postby SMUPonyFan » Wed Mar 28, 2001 2:08 pm

Here is some info.

Tickets and Ford Stadium info, go to this link, <A HREF="http://www.smumustangs.com/tickets/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.smumustangs.com/tickets/</A> . Ford Stadium holds 32,000. We only have had one sellout, that was 9-2-2000 against Kansas.

There is a hotel literally across the street called the Radisson. It is at Mockingbird and Central Expressway. It is a recently redone hotel so it is nice inside and they have really good prices. There are a lot of other hotels around also, like the Double Tree, Courtyard Marriott, and some really up scale hotels also. But the Radisson is in the heart of SMU's area and there are plenty of places to eat around there too. SMU is right off of Central. When you go past central the next major street has bars, restaurants, etc.

Hopefully that can give you a little bit of info to start with.

I would also like a win over UNC, because you all will most likely spank us worse than last year.

------------------
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
SMUPonyFan
Varsity

Postby SMUPonyFan » Wed Mar 28, 2001 2:16 pm

Here is a map also, <A HREF="http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?BFCat=&Pyt=Tmap&newFL=Use+Address+Below&addr=SMU&csz=Dallas%2C+Texas&country=us&Get%A0Map=Get+Map" TARGET=_blank>http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?BFCat=&Pyt=Tmap&newFL=Use+Address+Below&addr=SMU&csz=Dallas%2C+Texas&country=us&Get%A0Map=Get+Map</A>

The stadium is on Mockingbird on the east side of the campus. You cannot miss it when you drive down Mockingbird.

And if possible, fly into Dallas Love Field. That airport is about a ten minute drive west on Mockingbird from Campus. DFW is about a 40 minute drive or longer with traffic.

------------------
SMUPonyFan
Varsity

Postby SMUguy » Wed Mar 28, 2001 3:16 pm

REDWOLF -

When you get here, stop by Ben's Half Yard House on Greenville Avenue. The beer is pretty tasty when it comes in glasses that big. And in exchange for this info, take the NCState team there the night before the game and get them completely lit.
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."
"Hit it."
SMUguy
Heisman

Postby REDWOLF » Wed Mar 28, 2001 7:08 pm

thanks for the help ponyfans! looking forward to seeing you guys in sept. i'll be in touch closer to gameday looking for info on good tailgate parties, i enjoy meeting opponents fans every where i go
good luck this season
GO PACK!
KEVIN REVELS
REDWOLF

Return to Football