PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Allan Adami

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Allan Adami

Postby Damon'sDaMan » Wed Apr 11, 2001 2:28 pm

We were wrong. Those of us who scoffed last year when the Ponies signed Austin's little brother -- and thought he was too little to be a player -- were shown up Saturday in the Red/Blue game. Allan was a stud, blowing past Sterling Harris and several other blockers, getting a sack (I think) and spending most of the afternoon in the backfield. The man can play. We all owe him an apology.
Damon'sDaMan
Junior Varsity

Re: Allan Adami

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 11, 2001 2:46 pm

Not to hate on little Adami, but blowing by Sterling is not really an accomplishment. Let's see how he does in the games, then we can praise him. I do know he is a much better player than his older sibling though.

Postby Texastang » Wed Apr 11, 2001 5:14 pm

Dearest Swami,
You are very correct in saying that we will see Adami's true colors on game day, but he did in fact have a fantastic spring. My hat is off to him. Lastly, you should really lay off the booze during work hours. I think that it is really effecting your judgement of talent.
Texastang
Scout Team

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 11, 2001 7:46 pm

Texastang,

I'm not questioning young Adami's talent, but the lack thereof the competition during Spring ball. Granted I have not seen the offense this year, but I have a pretty good idea of how it looks. As for the booze, don't know where you got that comment but if it makes you feel better, by all means.

Postby PK » Wed Apr 11, 2001 8:23 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Swami:
<B>Texastang,

As for the booze, don't know where you got that comment but if it makes you feel better, by all means.</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As the ole cartoon southern rooster Leghorn (or was it was Foghorn) would say, "...that's a joke son."

[This message has been edited by PK (edited 04-11-2001).]
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 11, 2001 9:33 pm

Swami, you could not be closer to the truth. Allan is a much better player than his overweight brother hoped to be. As a matter of fact, I hear Austin is currently working for Subway in their media relations dept. since he is a participant and proponent of the "Subway diet." Allan plays with a lot of intensity and is a hard worker which will eventually spill over on the playing field. Texastang, I think you have been drinking booze at work---drive safely. I'll check out the honies in L.A. for the both of you this weekend and will report back. Stay fat bros.

Postby Texastang » Thu Apr 12, 2001 12:49 am

Bad form stanglover,
I'm sure that Mr. Adami, where ever he is, would not appreciate such an attack from the likes of you. Then again, if he actually is working for Subway, good for him. That beats becoming a lap dog for for some girl, which I've heard you've become great at lately. Then again, I really don't know who you are due to your handle, right? As for Swami, I'll deal with you later. See you guys later!
Texastang
Scout Team

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 12, 2001 10:56 am

So I guess from now on we should call Texastang Jarred huh?

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 17, 2001 10:51 am

Texastang, all I have to say is 40 calls in one night. Check your leash at the door.

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 17, 2001 6:47 pm

Was it 40? I thought more like 60..For some reason I remember 60...

Postby Texastang » Tue Apr 17, 2001 7:21 pm

I didn't realize you two ladies were so close. That's cute how you two bond together like that. It's too bad neither one of you two guys became successful comedians, because we all know you didn't have successful careers here. I'm sorry, was that below the belt? I tell you what, ya'll can get together tonight, stanglover after your girlfriend tucks you into bed and swami after you do whatever it is you do, and ya'll can think of something clever to say tomorrow. Call me if you want a truce.

[This message has been edited by Texastang (edited 04-17-2001).]
Texastang
Scout Team

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 18, 2001 9:27 pm

Truce my [deleted]. It seems you speak big now that you are on the prowl again. Tell me again, how well did your career go Tony Boselli. Lets have some beers this weekend and talk about how they need us back so we won't feel so pathetic anymore.

Postby Texastang » Thu Apr 19, 2001 9:56 am

Dear Stanglover,
I couldn't agree with you more! We should even ask Swami to join us. Call me!
Long live the Fat Kids
Texastang
Scout Team

Postby weeblestang » Thu Apr 19, 2001 12:12 pm

If I didn't know you too better.....I would think you were in Love!!!!
weeblestang

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 19, 2001 2:00 pm

I know who you are weeble. You can come to if your feelings were hurt.

Next

Return to Football