PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Jay Taylor

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Jay Taylor

Postby Webmaster » Sun Apr 22, 2001 10:36 pm

Here is a picture of Jay Taylor. Taylor signed with SMU in February. He is from Lufkin.

For more information on Jay Taylor or other SMU signees, visit the PonyFans.com Signing Day Report at the following link: <A HREF="http://www.ponyfans.com/football/signday.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.ponyfans.com/football/signday.htm</A>

------------------
Thanks for supporting PonyFans.com.

Please help our site grow by telling all of your friends and fellow Pony Fans about PonyFans.com.

If you have any problems or concerns, do not hesitate to email us at webmaster@ponyfans.com

The Webmasters, PonyFans.com
"Rhett Lashlee not only has the top G5 transfer class, it’s one of the best classes in the country, period.”
–– Chris Vannini, The Athletic

Thanks for supporting PonyFans.com. If you have any problems or concerns, please e-mail us at webmaster@ponyfans.com
Webmaster
Heisman

Re: Jay Taylor

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 23, 2001 12:05 pm

Thanx for the pic. Taylor looks like the type of wideout we have not had for a longtime. He has the ideal frame, with some strength training, I imagine his speed will improve alot. Looks like a good pickup.

Postby ponytalk » Mon Apr 23, 2001 4:38 pm

he is pretty tall. But look at those legs, man, he needs some meat on them. I am sure a little time in the weight room will do some good.

Hey, what ever happened to Tony Newsom?
ponytalk
Varsity

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Apr 23, 2001 7:23 pm

Hopefully we are deep enough at wide-out so we don't have to play him this year...unless he really proves to be a playmaker. Nice to have a guy who can go up and get a fade in the corner for 6 pts (as the photo suggests).
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Grider » Wed Apr 25, 2001 10:36 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Charleston Pony:
<B>Hopefully we are deep enough at wide-out so we don't have to play him this year...unless he really proves to be a playmaker. Nice to have a guy who can go up and get a fade in the corner for 6 pts (as the photo suggests).</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The fade is Jay's specialty. I think the folks on the Hilltop are going to be very pleased with this guy. He was a "go-to" guy for Lufkin when they were looking for the big play. He was found in the corner of the endzone a good few times last year. He has the instinct to be where the ball is and get position on the db's. If they don't redshirt him this year he'll make a very noticeable impact on our offense. I can gaurantee it!!!
Also, he's only going to get bigger and stronger. As a Sophomore he's all WAC. Write it down.

[This message has been edited by Grider (edited 04-25-2001).]
... _ _ .._
Grider
All-American

Postby MustangMan » Wed Apr 25, 2001 5:44 pm

Hope you're right, Grider. Looking forward to my first trip to Dallas this fall, when I can check out the new guys.
MustangMan
Junior Varsity

Return to Football