PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Matt McKinney, brother to SMU's Will McKinney, breaking records.

Discuss SMU recruiting in this forum.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Matt McKinney, brother to SMU's Will McKinney, breaking records.

Postby Guest » Sun May 14, 2000 9:53 pm

Matt McKinney, who is a high school senior, broke his own discuss record at the state track meet. This kid would be a great addition to SMU. Here is the link!
<A HREF="http://www.mysa.com/pantheon/homebase/hbhssports/1309c-state_track-0513.shtml" TARGET=_blank>http://www.mysa.com/pantheon/homebase/hbhssports/1309c-state_track-0513.shtml</A>

------------------
PonyFanMan
Co-Founder, Ponyfans.com
Cwilson@ponyfans.com
Please click on an ad when you get a chance. It is those advertisers that enable us to keep this site free!!!

Re: Matt McKinney, brother to SMU's Will McKinney, breaking records.

Postby 91Stang » Mon May 15, 2000 12:51 pm

So is he worth he pursuing as a football recruit? Has anyone seen him play?
HOCKEY'S BACK!
91Stang
Varsity

Postby ALL4SMU » Mon May 15, 2000 2:09 pm

He is a great football player, one of the best in the state. I have seen him listed as the number 66 player in the state. The only problem is I heard he wants to pursue track in college, not football.

------------------
"Show me a happy and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure."- Knute Rockne
\"Show me a happy and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure.\"- Knute Rockne
ALL4SMU
Varsity

Postby 91Stang » Mon May 15, 2000 7:04 pm

How big is he? What position does he play? If he's a thrower, this is the place .... SMU has emerged as the best throwing (track) program in the nation. If Lute Croy can do both, so can Matt McKinney. Has anyone seen him play? Give us a little rundown. I would assume that with a football team where he could get playing time, a superior track throwing program and the fact that his brother already is a Mustang, sure we'd have the inside track, right?
HOCKEY'S BACK!
91Stang
Varsity

Postby MustangMan » Fri Jun 02, 2000 5:10 pm

That new list posted on Ponyfans.com has him listed as a DE/TE prospect, 6-4, 245 (I think). But my question is whether he's likely to forego football in favor of track. Seems to me if he wants to be a thrower on the track team, there's no better place than SMU, since the Mustangs are among the top throwing track teams in the nation. Lute Croy does both sports -- so can McKinney.

Besides, clobbering the competition at a small high school in track doesn't necessarily translate to college success, where most throwers have 50 pounds or more on this guy. Get him to SMU and let him rush the quarterback.
MustangMan
Junior Varsity

Postby SMU00 » Sun Jun 25, 2000 6:07 pm

Is anyone on this board friends with the older McKinney -- and therefore able to get some inside scoop on Matt McK?
SMU00
Junior Varsity

Return to Recruiting