PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Visited Practice

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Visited Practice

Postby SMUPonyFan » Thu Nov 09, 2000 12:23 pm

the other day. Jibran looks awesome. They did three point shooting drills and Quinton looked to be on fire. I think he only missed one or two. The freshman, Kris Lowe, also looks like a good pick up. He has got decent size and a decent outside shot.
They also did some ali oop (sp?) drills and everything that was thrown into the air, Nigel caught and sent it home. Our game plan could be just throw the ball at the rim and send Nigel to do the rest.
I can't wait for the season, I think Saturday is the first exhibition game.

------------------
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
SMUPonyFan
Varsity

Re: Visited Practice

Postby PonyPower » Thu Nov 09, 2000 3:53 pm

Kris Lowe is a nice slashing player, but reports I've heard/read say his shot is way too flat -- needs a lot more arc on it.

But I think he's going to turn out to be a really nice player.
PonyPower
All-American

Postby ponytalk » Fri Nov 10, 2000 12:47 am

True, I saw him too, his shot is flat. But he is just a freshman. Dement also is showing a lot of enthusiasm and discipline. I think this is the year for the tourney!
ponytalk
Varsity

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Nov 10, 2000 9:22 pm

another player with a flat shot? Please say it aint so! I've commented for years that Sasser's problems with inconsistent shooting start with that flat shot of his. Last year I felt Ross had the same problem, and now you include Lowe? Oh well, at least with Damon running the point, he can keep things from getting out of control...at least that's my hope for this season (and as I see it, one of the BIG keys if we are going to improve on last year's performance).
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ponytalk » Fri Nov 10, 2000 9:28 pm

True about Sasser's shot, but Quinton has improoved. His shooting looks stellar. Quinton looks like he might be our number one shooter on the team. Hopefully Lowe will start working on his arc, he has plenty of time.
ponytalk
Varsity

Return to Basketball